Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fly-fishing Mayo rivers,

Options
  • 19-07-2011 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭

I'd like to surprise my dad (who has quite a lot of fishing experience) and take him out out for a day's river or lake fishing (from the bank). I'm a novice but would like a change from boat fishing for trout, which we usually do.

Can anyone recommend a good place, within about an hours drive from Foxord, Co. Mayo?

Should I organise a permit for us, or check in with the local fisheries? He is a member of Swinford anglers, but as I said, I'd like to surprise him with the day out.

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭ironbluedun

justo wrote: »
    I'd like to surprise my dad (who has quite a lot of fishing experience) and take him out out for a day's river or lake fishing (from the bank). I'm a novice but would like a change from boat fishing for trout, which we usually do.

Can anyone recommend a good place, within about an hours drive from Foxord, Co. Mayo?

Should I organise a permit for us, or check in with the local fisheries? He is a member of Swinford anglers, but as I said, I'd like to surprise him with the day out.

thanks.

you dont want to fish loughs well then the upper moy, gweeston, castlebar river, clydagh spring to mind. The last time i fished those rivers a few years back there was no need for a permit for trout fishing.

Advertisement