Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TT bike

Options
  • 19-07-2011 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Quick one, can ya be too small for a TT bike? Mate of mine is 5'7" - 5'8"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

Do you mean "can a person be so small that they cannot use any TT bike?" or "is my friend too small for this particular bike?" or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭smithwicks

In general , he was told he was too small for a TT bike. No bike in particular. Thought it was BS myself but thought I would check on here....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭CptMackey

I'd nearly say the opposite. I had a look round for 1 for me (6'4") and I'm finding it hard to see anything. All the frames where sub 58cm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭griffin100

No, at that height there's no problem. Most TT bikes come in a small size and some even come in xs. If he's really small he can go for a 650 wheel size.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

smithwicks wrote: »
    Quick one, can ya be too small for a TT bike? Mate of mine is 5'7" - 5'8"

I'm smaller than that, so your answer is no.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,009 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

I am 5 7, heres me winning the A4 cat of the Munster TT champs a couple of weeks ago on a 51cm Cervelo P3C

picture.php?albumid=1466&pictureid=10118

Heres Home.Ballyhoura who is about the same size as me winning the A2 cat on a size Small planet X stealth (hope you dont mind me using your pic to prove a point here Mr Ballyhoura, I used one without your face in it since you don't have the benefit of a visor to disguise you like I do)

picture.php?albumid=1466&pictureid=10119

And finally in the same champs, A1 rider and former pro marcofan also produced one of the quickest times on the night and he is also the same size if not smaller.

So in closing - no, whoever told your friend that is absolutely full of it.

niceonetom wrote: »
    Saddle's too low!

I love the way she's complaining of the sore neck but he keeps rolling the video anyway.

"Daddy, my neck hurts."
    "Shut up and get back on the aerobars".

This is why triathletes should be forcibly sterilized before they can breed. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭jiffybag

Nonsense , I ride a 51cms TT frame with a 12cms stem . i'm 5 7" .

Plenty of bikes out there for the smaller rider , maybe tell us what you where looking at/for any you might get a few helpful replies.

• Advertisement

Advertisement