Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battles over the TV remote and other stories...

Options
  • 19-07-2011 7:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭

So, trivial battles amongst couples over who controls the TV remote, who washes up, who does the grass etc etc

Are they trivial or are they very much role defined and taken very seriously? Do they become less significant or more significant as you get older?

Don't watch a whole lot of TV but when there's a certain match on- well, there can be a battle if there's some other programme of interest on. Outdoors is probably my domain but there's lot's I wouldn't do indoors.

Who wins the battle in your household?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

I always win the battle for the remote, but it is strange how often the hovering HAS to be done when there is a match on the tv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

Rubecula wrote: »
    I always win the battle for the remote, but it is strange how often the hovering HAS to be done when there is a match on the tv.
    you are just soooooooo mean.....sooooooo mean......are there no depths you'll descend to.......you should be ashamed of yourself.:(

*disappointed*

Yes it is awful isn't it. Luckily these days I live alone LOL so the hoovering doesn't happen during a match anymore.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

Rubecula wrote: »
    Yes it is awful isn't it. Luckily these days I live alone LOL so the hoovering doesn't happen during a match anymore.:D
    Peace at last:D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Multiroom the only answer

• Advertisement

mp22 wrote: »
    Multiroom the only answer

How about my solution... Multihome?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Hubby always wins as I tape everything I want to watch. I never have to watch a programme 'now', its just not that important. I understand however the excitement of watching a match live so I let him have it! :D

I never ever hoover when the TV is on which is evenings - I'm at home so I do it mornings, makes sense!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

Hey Cicero! Everything sorted. Even without heated dialogue. Because of the five hour difference the European soccer starts around 7 AM and is finished by noontime. English mainly from 10 AM to noon as well. She goes out and does the grocery shopping and I stretch out on the recliner. Wey Hey! :D And I watch two quizzes between 7 and 8 PM on Monday through to Friday. That's my total viewing - nine hours a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

As soon as i sit down in front of the tv the remote is handed to me.

It has a lot to do with my intolerance of adverts and annoyance at the volume changes between programming and adverts.
    And my being an annoying git when i don't have it.

i may also add it is the ONLY thing handed to me or done for me at home:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭Alice1

+1 - I could have written that post!

As soon as my DH sits down I hand him the remote. He works very hard and I want him to enjoy his "downtime". Makes for a peaceful home too.

I am not married to slavetothegrind:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement