Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What car for German Shepherd?

Options
  • 19-07-2011 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭

I am planning on buying a 2nd hand car some time and will be intending on taking my GSD and perhaps some day get a 2nd dog around in the rear of a car.

I am always leaning towards a VW Golf as i recall seeing a pal taking around 2 labs who used to sit up comfortably in the rear of a standard golf.

Just wondering has anyone out there used a golf for a GSD (not sure if there is enough space in them or not).

I don't want to buy a huge car if i can avoid it. :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ppink

I used a golf for a GSD before but it was a van and he barely fit in there! Mind you he was a very big dog.
    i use a jeep now for my 2 and they are fine for short trips but long ones (holidays) they need the back seats down. Only issue with a jeep is it is too high really and a ramp is required.
    How far will you be taking them? I think that determines a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

I have new shape Opel Astra hatchback nd have a gsd and an english setter always plenty of room for both :)

I also have a dog trailer for longer trips would not leave them in rear of car only for short trips :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

I use a focus and there is plenty of room in there for mine.
    Really depends on how far you plan on traveling. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

I know they're uncool but I find the multispace version of the Citroen Berlingo absolutely brilliant, space wise. Back seats fold away to give the same space as a commercial minivan; I can fit two big crates in there or the dogs can sprawl. I wouldn't be without my yellow sunshine bus :)

Space-wise the Citroen Berlingo is better than a Renault Kangoo. Comes in diesel or petrol.

ETA My friend Michelle can fit three German Shepherds in her Renault Clio with the back seats folded down! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

boomerang wrote: »
    I know they're uncool but I find the multispace version of the Citroen Berlingo absolutely brilliant, space wise. Back seats fold away to give the same space as a commercial minivan; I can fit two big crates in there or the dogs can sprawl. I wouldn't be without my yellow sunshine bus :)

Space-wise the Citroen Berlingo is better than a Renault Kangoo. Comes in diesel or petrol.

ETA My friend Michelle can fit three German Shepherds in her Renault Clio with the back seats folded down! :D

I actually drive a berlingo company van for years and i love it!

The multispace version always seems to be very expensive must look out for a reasonable priced one :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement