Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterproof jacket advice

Options
  • 19-07-2011 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭

So I've had a search through boards and this forum seems to be the best place to get advice about what waterproof jacket to buy. From the previous threads I've read it seems that even with Gore-tex jackets you get wet inside from sweating when you use them for long periods.

I'm travelling to India in September where we hope to go North from Delhi to the Western Himalayas eventually ending up in Leh. I believe it can be quite rainy there and we are hoping to go mountain biking/trekking for a few days so I reckon I need a good rain jacket which I would like to be waterproof.

I would like the jacket to be as lightweight as possible as I am only bringing carry on luggage. I see this as an investment that I'll use on my future travels so although I don't want to spend a hell of a lot I'm willing to front up the extra few squids if it's worth it.

Any ideas of what I should go for? I'm a girl btw!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

If your anywhere near Belfast or planning a trip there soon I would hang off and go to Cotswold outdoors and Tiso in Belfast city centre. The range and price is superior to shops in Dublin.

In Dublin

53 Degrees North and Snow and rock are not bad.
    Great outdoors is overpriced
    Base Camp...Not if you paid me (2 bad experiences with staff)

Rab do some great lighweight gear with womens specific fits.
    See www.rab.uk.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Donny5

I have a Keela Stashaway that's ultralight and very good. I use it hiking, cycling and running, and while I'm not the kindest to my gear, I haven't had any problems. It was about 30 Euro on Outdoor GB, but i'm sure you can fire them elsewhere.

Advertisement