Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish National Downhill MTB Champs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

id love to be there :( id also love to get a proper dh rig but alas money seems to get in the way :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,538 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Phewww...the Wolfe Bros can breath a sigh of relief now! :D

---- This can be done on a short travel FS machine...even a hard-tail if your crazy good enough...

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭djfattony2000

This is going to be a brilliant event. Loads of entertainment and goodies. Be there or be []

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Went to this at the weekend. All I can say is there's some out and out crazy fcukers on bikes out there. Walked the track on Saturday morning before practice and that rock drop off the start line is just unreal. I thought I was handy on a bike before I saw these guys!!

Big up goes to 1) The chap who went head over heals on said boulder on his hard tail got back up and motored on.
    2) The chap who up-rooted the tree stump I was sitting beside with his head, and got back up carried on.
    3) The legions who binned it on the finish line on the last jump.
    4) Everyone there, marshals, competitors and spectators for being really friendly and great laugh.

As my GF remarked about the spectators there, I've never seen so many people with crutches or arm plasters in the same place. :)
    Will be going to the next one for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

have the results been printed yet? Just wondering how @silvo got on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭djfattony2000

She won and is now the national champ!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Woooo!!! Silvo is the irish Champs!!!!! Congrats girl!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭silvo

Thanks Caroline! I had a great day, course was amazingly good fun and managed to avoid a massive crash at the end. I will stick up a video when it gets finished. Here is a pic of me on the final drop:

248544_2135848828626_1018233174_2434908_3015404_n.jpg

I still have the purple fixie btw that I bought off you years ago. I use it everyday!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭32yg

My friend was there and he broke a motocross helmet in a crash!
    He went to the red cross, complaining of head and back pains and they told him he was fine before they even looked at him!

• Advertisement
Advertisement