Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you had 2 - 3 hours warning before anyone else...

Options
  • 19-07-2011 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

Where would you go if you had up to 2 - 3 hours warning? And maybe 24 hours to dig in?

Think I have you all beaten....
    I live in Athy in Co. Kildare... Well living on a 3rd floor apartment all i have to do is look out my window....

http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/6531/photong.jpg

And also....

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/3207/photo2ha.jpg

The tower has 2 sets of steel security doors only... About 30 ? floors up... is empty... surrounded by a compound and palasade fence... Loaded with all telecommunications masts on the roof, backup generators... Would get my family to get supplies while i get access... I also have a gun... and Im an electrician...

The canal is loaded with fish.... is a barrier... and with blocking 3 small bridges over time, would protect 2 of your 4 flanks... I also drive a fire engine... so i would load it would petrol and use it as a mobile flame thrower

Questions??????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Questions??????

Room for one more? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭sparkfireman

I'll let you join in exchange for tinned food, weapons or if you bring a healthy female for me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

I'd kill everyone I know, so there would be less zombies to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Carter P Fly

Id gather all my friends and neighbours in an open area and climb a tree with a great big bag of popcorn.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Id gather all my friends and neighbours in an open area and climb a tree with a great big bag of popcorn
    I Like where yer going with this :D

But Might I suggest that rather than placing yerself in an unescapable situation at the center of what is soon tobe a Large Horde that You might consider instead tellig all your friends and neighbours to seek solace in a large Hall where you can view the oncoming carnage from the much more comfortable and escapable Balcony;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SadieSue

Well I would warn everyone I knew and start hording all the tinned food and bottled water I could find. Then I'd probably charge all the batteries for the power tools :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Carter P Fly

I Like where yer going with this :D

But Might I suggest that rather than placing yerself in an unescapable situation at the center of what is soon tobe a Large Horde that You might consider instead tellig all your friends and neighbours to seek solace in a large Hall where you can view the oncoming carnage from the much more comfortable and escapable Balcony;)

I aint surviving the Zombie Holocaust anyways and always enjoy outdoor shows better then indoor ones!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭zeusnero

SadieSue wrote: »
    Then I'd probably charge all the batteries for the power tools :pac:

And they say men have only one thing on the mind :D

If I had a few hours notice, quick facebook shout out to family & friends, load up on weapons, food etc and get my ass someplace easily defendable - preferably somewhere close to a petrol station so I don't have to go out of my way to refill my future collection of automobiles!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

I would send the wife shopping for whatever she can get hold of, particularly powdered milk, rice, dried/tinned foods and bleach for water purification.

I would hire a digger, top up my fuel supplies, buy as much ammunition for my weapon as I can, prep my bug out vehicles and then finish the home defenses.

I would not announce to all friends and family whats happening until all my and my immediate family needs have been met. I would of course offer sanctuary in my location and discretely contact them and advise that they should travel ASAP to my home with all food they can carry.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭sausages79

I dont know why you are all on boards...their coming.......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Supplice

I'd firstly find a lone zombie and take him hostage, then starve him to see how long they survive with sustenance (brains etc.. etc..)

I'd find longswords, axes, throwing knives as well as whatever guns one can muster up in Ireland.

I'd have gotten the word out on Facebook and given a location for survivors to run to, this is a diversion, I'm not going to that location, those mofos are meat for the zombies. If any manage to survive the zombie ambush I'll be in contact. I'm going to need tough people by my side.

I'd try and find submarines, fishing rods, and those condenser things for water. Zombies may only be able to walk the floor of the sea, not swim at all.

Finally, in a daring raid on the playboy mansion, I'd take the hottest girl I can find. If the playmates are all zombies at this stage I'll take the least decomposed one as my Z-Queen.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Where would I go? Away from areas that are or once were densely populated urban centres. So an ideal spot would be an easily defendable spot that's just as easy to escape from. The prime location itself would be somewhere in the Countryside, in the absolute middle of nowhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I'm about as far away from society as I need to be but I've been eyeing up that Claregalway castle project with great interest. Probably a bit to close to Galway and a main road though.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭jme2010

Supplice wrote: »
    If the playmates are all zombies at this stage I'll take the least decomposed one as my Z-Queen.

Fuicking brilliant :D

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭niall1811

i'd go down the the chipper i work in with as much ammo as i can carry. Its a 4 floor building and with huge metal doors its easily defended. Gives an overview of the main street in town and so long as i keep the noise down they wont notice me. Food wont be a problem with the massive storage freezer for the restaurant, and the top floor is an apartment so i'll have comfort. Of course there's a back way out across the rooftop in case they make it up the stairs, and any damsels in distress i see on the street i can rescue and negotiate some repayment for saving their lives! And there's a shop nextdoor so when the Z's go off looking for brains and leave the street i can belt in and grab a few packs of smokes, and maybe a magazine!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭primavera85

niall1811 wrote: »
    i'd go down the the chipper i work in with as much ammo as i can carry. Its a 4 floor building and with huge metal doors its easily defended. Gives an overview of the main street in town and so long as i keep the noise down they wont notice me. Food wont be a problem with the massive storage freezer for the restaurant, and the top floor is an apartment so i'll have comfort. Of course there's a back way out across the rooftop in case they make it up the stairs, and any damsels in distress i see on the street i can rescue and negotiate some repayment for saving their lives! And there's a shop nextdoor so when the Z's go off looking for brains and leave the street i can belt in and grab a few packs of smokes, and maybe a magazine!

hope you've a generator for that freezer and a whole pile of fuel for it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Where would I go? Away from areas that are or once were densely populated urban centres. So an ideal spot would be an easily defendable spot that's just as easy to escape from. The prime location itself would be somewhere in the Countryside, in the absolute middle of nowhere.

That is where I'd go, but what I'd do is another matter. I'd take to the streets and absolutely go to town with one of these

samurai-sword.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

Head to doolin, on the way stop at supervalu in Ennistimon and stock up on everything i need.

Grab the ferry to Inisheer, go to the pub there, inform the locals of whats happening and prepare.

Seemingly the Aran Islands are the only place in Ireland that no one died from the famine so i like these odds and their self sufficiency!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭joshrogan

I'd hid under my bed with the hope no one would have seen me go there and by the time they're zombies they would think I left town and never think of looking under my bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

That is where I'd go, but what I'd do is another matter. I'd take to the streets and absolutely go to town with one of these

samurai-sword.gif

Going to town with a close range melee weapon you have no training in against an enemy that relies on physical contact to spread its disease? Seems like a good idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭robbie mars

enough ammo to sink a battle ship

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Eminence

an intesresting conversation is growing i see, anyone have any ideas on home made weapons and is willing to share?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Thunderdrive

I would hide in a fridge. If it works for Indy, it'll work for me.

Advertisement