Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking at Luas??

Options
  • 19-07-2011 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭

Hi All

Searching for another bit of info please.........are the carparks at the Luas stops "protected" with height barriers........when on my travels, I plan to leave van at one of the out lying Luas stops and pop into town. The Question is, will I be able to get the van in or do I have to try find "street parking".

Ultimately the plan is to head to the Wax Museum (off Dame Steet I believe)

Can somebody please advise which carparks are suitable (if any)

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

Malta1 wrote: »
    Hi All

Searching for another bit of info please.........are the carparks at the Luas stops "protected" with height barriers........when on my travels, I plan to leave van at one of the out lying Luas stops and pop into town. The Question is, will I be able to get the van in or do I have to try find "street parking".

Ultimately the plan is to head to the Wax Museum (off Dame Steet I believe)

Can somebody please advise which carparks are suitable (if any)

Many thanks

Red Cow Luas has no height restriction and they charge €4 per day

I would look to park at one of the big shopping centres and then use public transport into town.

1st choice would be Dundrum and the Luas into Stephens Green. Warning - Dundrum charge for parking. Best bet is to use Tesco car park, buy some food in Tesco and get the free car park pass.

2nd choice would be Blanchardstown Shopping Centre and the bus to O'Connell Street. Parking is free in Blanch

There are lots of park and ride facilities along the Luas lines. More details here

http://www.parkopedia.ie/parking/naas_rd/

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Malta1

Mighty stuff....thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭niloc1951

A few years ago I parked in the Luas car park at Red Cow.
    I went into the office and asked about oversize spaces suitable for a motorhome, a very helpful chap in there directed me to an area for staff which had cctv and said the MH would be better there than sticking out into a traffic lane, very obliging :D

Advertisement