Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyanegenmod?

Options
  • 19-07-2011 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,945 ✭✭✭✭

Talk to me about cyangenmod?

i have a SGS2, and the interweb seems all buzzy about the fact that CM7 is being realeased soon for the galaxy 2.

whats so good about it and why should i be excited?

is it likely to be properly released soon?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

I have it on the HTC Desire HD and it's basically vanilla Android with a few nice things added in and none of the crap bloatware a lot of the networks install and no annoying skin like TouchWiz!

It should run SUPER fast on a Galaxy SII!

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Their site offers a nice tour.

http://www.cyanogenmod.com/

Or even look it up on youtube to see it in action.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Its only on a "pre-nightly" release at the min, no point in flashing it yet IMO, blue tooth doesn't work, HD video recording doesn't work and some video playback decoding errors. Few other issues also like some people are complaining of phone not charging and overheating a lot when trying to charge, and it deleting all photos/video in gallery too.

I was going to flash it but after reading through the entire XDA thread I think I'll hold off a bit longer and wait until an actual "official" release is posted, and the bugs etc have been ironed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭cgordonfreeman

I use a nightly version on my Motorola Defy and it's great. I'd say definitely wait for a RC version or nightly and give it a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

I use a nightly version on my Motorola Defy and it's great. I'd say definitely wait for a RC version or nightly and give it a chance.

Always wondered about the nightly builds... I assume everytime you install one it wipes your phone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

tried to install myself, just got an sg2 yesterday, so still finding my feet,

phones stuck now at boot screen with yellow warning sign, how do i go back to stock firmware and try again ?? and where can i get stock firmware, I assume its legal to link here ??

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I remember using this on the G1 when it was only starting. Oh how they grow up so fast /tear

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

iPwnage wrote: »
    tried to install myself, just got an sg2 yesterday, so still finding my feet,

phones stuck now at boot screen with yellow warning sign, how do i go back to stock firmware and try again ?? and where can i get stock firmware, I assume its legal to link here ??

Off top of my head I remember reading on cyanogen thread about some people who had same issue they fixed it by reflashing I think. You should read that thread see if it helps.

Xda also has a thread with all the stock Roms too with instructions on how to flash etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭cgordonfreeman

madmoe wrote: »
    Always wondered about the nightly builds... I assume everytime you install one it wipes your phone?

I started off with cyanogenmod 7 beta 5 and haven't had to wipe my phone once since. I'm now on a 7.1 RC 1 nightly.

Once you have cyanogenmod installed, Just download the nightly, run Clockwork recovery, wipe cache partition and dalvik cache and install the nightly. All your data will be intact.

First boot might take up to 10 minutes because it's rebuilding the dalvik cache. After that you should be set.

Advertisement