Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frame Paint Protection (3M) - Where to Get Locally

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭pprendeville

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

If you search ebay for "helicopter tape" you'll find quite a few sellers of it. The grades seem to vary, as do the manufacturer, so it can be tricky to find "decent" stuff - too thin is obviously not desirable, too thick makes it harder to apply to curves of a small radius, some tapes apparently become translucent with age, some are more difficult to remove than others, etc. When I last checked prices varied a lot but price didn't seem to be a good indicator of quality judging by some of the reviews.

I bought some non-3M stuff last year which isn't bad but the ebay seller no longer exists so I can't provide a useful link. Mind you it has yet to see use on a bike, so far I've just used to to protect certain areas of internal wooden doors from the edges of our child trailer. 'Tis versatile stuff and reasonably robust too ...but ultimately no match for the trailer though. In case you were wondering, like.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

I bought this few weeks ago but the full pack is an overkill unless you have 5 bikes to cover. Actually if you want to come over to south dublin I ll cut a few pieces to give you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

OP can you let me know how you get on with the tape on the link you posted, I was thinking about this recently.

• Advertisement

AstraMonti wrote: »
    I bought this few weeks ago but the full pack is an overkill unless you have 5 bikes to cover. Actually if you want to come over to south dublin I ll cut a few pieces to give you.

if the frame arrives before the tape i'll take up your offer. thanks astra.

OP can you let me know how you get on with the tape on the link you posted, I was thinking about this recently.

will do. shur if i have some left i can give you some. went with biketart btw.

Advertisement