Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S Home Button

Options
  • 19-07-2011 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,566 ✭✭✭

Hi,

The home button on my Samsung Galaxy S stopped working a while back.

I searched online & it seemed to be a common enough problem with one discussion group saying a factory reset would sort it out.

I've just (this morning) upgraded to Gingerbread & done a factroy reset ("soft" from the menus and "hard" using *2767*3855#) but the home button is still not working.

Phone wasn't dropped / banged / etc.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭G1032

I've had a SGS since December and it's been back for repair twice.

First time the menu and back buttons stopped working and the phone used to randomly reboot

Second time the home key stopped working.

Both times they replaced the screen and display module.

Your phone is faulty and you should send it for repair.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,566 ✭✭✭frash

Thanks for the info G1032

I just looked up the Carphone Warehouse website & it says "The manufacturers warranty is (12) twelve months with the store in which the product was purchased from and (24) twenty-four months with the manufacturer. "

I'll bring it back to them as it's still under the 12 months.

G1032 wrote: »
    Second time the home key stopped working.

Both times they replaced the screen and display module.

Did it take long to repair btw?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 bwg66

Sorry, no idea on your problem but with carphone warehouse takes about a week for repair - think they use Fone Fix and you could speed it up by dropping phone into them yourself (One in Sanyford) once agreed with CW that ok to go for repair - you might get talking to techi there as well which can be a help. Note you only get a standard phone on loan from CW while waiting.

Re Gingerbread, did you get from Kies? Was trying to get a while back to sort a few issues I had but couldn't get official version and CW were saying could invalidate waranty if taking from other than Kies.

bwg66 wrote: »
    Sorry, no idea on your problem but with carphone warehouse takes about a week for repair - think they use Fone Fix and you could speed it up by dropping phone into them yourself (One in Sanyford) once agreed with CW that ok to go for repair - you might get talking to techi there as well which can be a help. Note you only get a standard phone on loan from CW while waiting.

Re Gingerbread, did you get from Kies? Was trying to get a while back to sort a few issues I had but couldn't get official version and CW were saying could invalidate waranty if taking from other than Kies.

Thanks for info on turn-around time from CW.

Yeah updated using Kies - try it now - it was only released to Meteor customers last week so that might be the case with you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭G1032

frash wrote: »
    Did it take long to repair btw?

They say up to 14 days just to cover themselves but the first time I sent it back was on a Friday morning and I had it back the following Wednesday

The other time was Thurday to thursday. Not too bad of a wait I think.

Advertisement