Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightclubs??

Options
  • 18-07-2011 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Ok so I'm going to London with my three friends for four days and I just want to know if anyone knows any good nightclubs that you can just walk into? Also we are only gonna be there for Monday to Thursday night :(

Aswel does anyone know of any good things to do after 6 when all the shops are closed? I just wana hear some experiences! :D

By the way, the age bracket is 18-20

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Shops on Oxford Street open until 9pm.

Bad buzz for going out mon-thurs...pubs AND clubs shut at about midnight, sometimes 1am, and on Thursdays they extend till 1am....shocked me as I always thought London was a bustling city..and wondered why people were dressed up and heading out when I was trudging my way home from work at 6pm..

Prob best stick with Soho somewhere if you want something central but beware of the time they shut

• Registered Users Posts: 4,046 ✭✭✭afatbollix

You have to start early in London, But its grand as loads of pubs will do happy hour from 5-7.. If you do end up that you cant find somewhere thats open hop in a black cab and ask the driver to bring you some where.. If you find the right club they will stay open until 6am even during the week! I know one club at opens 9am for night shift workers!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Country lane

There are actually clubs and late night bars going all through the week if you know where to look. Most 'proper' clubbing is away from the west end.

Get a copy of Mixmag, or look online - http://www.mixmag.net/ and the website 'Dontstayin' - http://www.dontstayin.com/ (which is a big social site as well so you can meet up with people from the site as well as find out whats on)...and of course there is also Time Out.

Depends on what your into.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

.... and the website 'Dontstayin' - http://www.dontstayin.com/ (which is a big social site as well so you can meet up with people from the site .....
    BOOBIES!!!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

S.M.B. wrote: »
    BOOBIES!!!!

To what do we owe this apparently cognitively-impaired contribution to the conversation? (Hint: Unless your reply actually has something to do with the OP's post, I strongly suggest retreating to somewhere like AH or TCN...)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭whydoibother?

Decide what area you're going to stay in first and then choose pubs and clubs around there. There are plenty everywhere. But whatever you do, don't spend your time trekking backwards and forwards across the city for no reason just to go to a club someone recommended when there are 10 good ones within walking distance. Also, the tube finishes around midnight. You're looking at night buses (which may or may not serve your route home) or taxis.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

I's suggest a visit to Shoreditch / Hoxton, quite a few good clubs in the area and tons of bars for all tastes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

growler wrote: »
    I's suggest a visit to Shoreditch / Hoxton, quite a few good clubs in the area and tons of bars for all tastes

Hey sorry to hijack this but can you recommend me some places there for a Saturday birthday party please? Im finding it hard to research bars in Shoreditch. Thank-you!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Iamcool

Thanks for all the replies! Sorry I should have said where we were staying......Well its in Bayswater or Notting Hill or something like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Iamcool wrote: »
    Thanks for all the replies! Sorry I should have said where we were staying......Well its in Bayswater or Notting Hill or something like that?
    There are plenty of places in the Notting Hill/Westbourne Green area. Wouldn't be my cup of tea (and might be a little pricy), but there should be options. Camden isn’t too far to the East either (plenty of students/youngsters around there), or you’ve got Fulham to the south, which would be a bit more upmarket, but still quite a young crowd. I should qualify all of this by stating unequivocally that I would not spend an evening in any of those places, but I’m not the clubbing type.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Country lane

You have Notting Hill Arts club which can have some really good nights - http://www.nottinghillartsclub.com/, but your handy enough to find plenty going on.
    Maybe do a night in Shoreditch/Hoxton, a night in Camden (where i think the big club is still called Koko), but there are loads of places and you can head up the other way to Barfly and Roundhouse, could do a night in Angel, a night in the West end, a night round Farringdon/Smithfields...the list is endless. You need to figure out what kind of places you want and google for them as you could spend your whole time hitting Brazilian bars if that was your thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

You need to figure out what kind of places you want...
    Exactly - London is just far too vast to go "window shopping".

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭standardtoaster

Midweek nigts out in London all you need is here
    http://www.newlondon-tours.com/daily-tours/1-big-night-out-pub-crawl.html finishes up in the Ministry of Sound nightclub

Advertisement