Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What License for selling wine online only?

Options
  • 18-07-2011 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I was planning to set up an online wine website, taking orders and then ordering the product for my customers directly from vinyard to customer, I will never actually hold any stock.

There seems to be no information on selling wine on line and what kind of license is needed.

Any comments would be appreciated, thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

If you're planning to get into the licensed trade talk to a solicitor first. No-one here is qualified to give you legal advice.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,349 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

SeanMur wrote: »
    I was planning to set up an online wine website, taking orders and then ordering the product for my customers directly from vinyard to customer, I will never actually hold any stock.

There seems to be no information on selling wine on line and what kind of license is needed.

Any comments would be appreciated, thanks.

I'm pretty sure you will still need a wine licence to sell it, even if you're not holding stock. You can't sell alcohol without a licence regardless if its online or in a shop. But definately get legal advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Murfv

You need an excise licence to sell alcohol, as issued by the Revenue Commissioners. Check the revenue website under tax & duties-> excise licences or contact the national excise licence office for more info
    HTH

Advertisement