Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temperature Control for Beer Kits

Options
  • 18-07-2011 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Was just wondering how ye keep your mix at a constant 20-22 Degree Celcius while it ferments in Ireland.

I know the fermentation itself gives off some heat but the issue is that I want to start home brewing but alas I live with housemates so I may have to confine my fermenting to the garden shed :mad:

Now, big freeze weeks aside, would a duvet wrapped around a vessell do in a garden shed over say sept to mid november? Or are there other tricks and tips ye may know of?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Donny5

If you have access to power, buy a cheap (€15) aquarium heater from Amazon. They have thermostats and keep your beer at a preset temperature, as long as the ambient temperature isn't too high. That's my current problem, where my beer usually gets up as high as 24C in the summer months.

Advertisement