Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Text message from eircom

Options
  • 18-07-2011 10:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I just received this text from eircom today, and i'm curious what it might be about. The message read:

"Dear Customer, We need to access your premises to resolve your fault. Please freephone 1800 303430. Thank You."

I'm just curious if this text is legit, because eircom usually make contact by letter. We are experiencing no problems with the telephone or with broadband.

I also received a letter from eircom 2 weeks ago regarding dowloading music, this may be relevant to the text.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

spacejam wrote: »
    "Dear Customer, We need to access your premises to resolve your fault. Please freephone 1800 303430. Thank You."
    Can't find any record of this number. How do you know it's from Eircom? Random text asks permission to enter your house? Sounds well dodgy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

If it's any good, a lot of eircom's freefone numbers are 1800 303 XXX (particularly for the not-so-public offices or for particular call centres) so I suspect this is legit. Also, in the past companies have forms where a mobile contact number would be filled in, and a check box would need to be ticked to stop the company from contacting you on the mobile number given. It's possible that's how they got your number to text you on.

All the same, it is an odd text to get so I suggest to call 1901 instead and ask to be put through to fault reports. Give them your name, address and account number and then ask them about the text. If the text's legit, then they'll know what happened and will then explain about a linesman calling out to the property in question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I'm just curious if this text is legit

Would it not have made more sense to just ask eircom this question?

Thread moved to eircom forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

I just received this text from eircom today, and i'm curious what it might be about. The message read:

I'm just curious if this text is legit, because eircom usually make contact by letter. We are experiencing no problems with the telephone or with broadband.

I also received a letter from eircom 2 weeks ago regarding dowloading music, this may be relevant to the text.

Hi spacejam

Can you send on your telephone number and I will look into that for you.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Damokc

"Eircom plans to notify you by sms to this mobile number of any service issues that relate to your eircom account. to opt-out free phone 1800 241905 from this mobile number."

First off i dont even have an account with eircom.
    is this a scamming text to see if my phone number is real? like the spamming emails that tell you to reply stop so then they know its a real address?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hi Spacejam
    that is an eircom telephone number, and message is normally sent if tech likely to need access to your premises to resolve a fault, which would normally be reported by customer??? This should not have anything to do with downloading. If you PM me your tel no. I can chase further for you.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Damokc

great to see these threads are so responsive

i see you missed the sarcasm there...any idea on who is sending the message that i got?

Advertisement