Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

We might go to the zoo...

Options
  • 18-07-2011 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Does anyone know if it is still possible to buy a combined train and ticket for Dublin Zoo? All my family could be going which would be a group of possibly 14 - 10 adults 1 under 16 and 3 under 3's.

Also, I saw someone mention on another (old) thread that entrance to the zoo is free if you're on the dole :confused:! I'm not optimistic that this is true as I don't see mention of it anywhere else on the internet! But if anyone knows the facts I would be grateful!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

I don't know about the train and zoo combo ticket but I do know last year Bus Eireann did a special offer (2 for 1 I think) when you show your bus eireann ticket at the zoo ticket booth. It may be running again but I couldn't find any details on the website.

Also if you are going in a group of 10 or more you qualify for reduced entry costs:
    Group prices (in parties of 10 people or more) Price
    Child €8.00
    Adult €12.50

I doubt that being on Social Welfare would get you free entry tbh.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

kedrek1 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if it is still possible to buy a combined train and ticket for Dublin Zoo? All my family could be going which would be a group of possibly 14 - 10 adults 1 under 16 and 3 under 3's.

Also, I saw someone mention on another (old) thread that entrance to the zoo is free if you're on the dole :confused:! I'm not optimistic that this is true as I don't see mention of it anywhere else on the internet! But if anyone knows the facts I would be grateful!

They definitely do a group discount- ring them on (01) 474 8900
    They used do a Bus Eireann discount- but I think thats out of date.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Moved to requests

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Bet me to it Lola..... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

The only reference to a discount I could find was one for €2 with an Irish Rail ticket.
    http://www.irishrail.ie/news_centre/news.asp?action=view&news_id=457

With the group you specified it would be possible to get a group ticket @€;12.50 for Adults and €8 for the under 16. The under 3's are free.
    http://www.dublinzoo.ie/65/Prices.aspx

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

This is an old thread
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055649473

I'm sure I saw something in the post office where if you pay two bills you get half-price entry. Have a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 kedrek1

thanks for all your replies! we won't be going til early august because, as you can imagine, it will take a while to get that many people organised! i'll post again and let ye know what we end up doing!

Advertisement