Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galaxy S 'Music Player' not seeing external sd card

Options
  • 18-07-2011 2:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

HI,
    finally used up all my internal memory and purchased mini sd card but my 'Music Player' app which came preset on the phone doesn't show music on this card. I can see them in Files but can only then play one by one - pain.

Card came up as damaged at one stage. I reformatted it and now fine and think? it did show music before came up as damaged.

Can see external sd photos/vids in Gallery.

Help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Do other music apps see the files? Winamp or DoubleTwist.

I assume you rescanned the card :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 bwg66

no luck with double twist or real player.

Sorry but how do you rescan?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭Simi

The media scanner should rescan everytime you turn the phone off & on OR connect & then disconnect it from a PC. Alternatively try unmounting & remounting the external SD card in settings.

Hi, media scanner running fine but still not picking up songs. Unmounted and mounted. This wiped the card(no worries as only a few songs on) - but this shouldn't have wiped it?

Anyway, downloaded a few tracks(using Music Box pro). Could now see half of them in 'Music player' - this might be a music Box pro issue as think I've seen that before i.e. downloaded but not all visible(I've probably not checked to see if they are actually on the external sd card).
    Turned phone on and off to see if could see the rest of songs and when I turned it on again, shows as Damaged External SD card!
    I did at one stage remove the external sd card having turned off the phone, without unmounting the card first. Could this have damaged the card?

As an aside, used to use Kies and while Kies is not up to much phone conneced fine to it. Installe a Kies upgrade one day and since then my phone can't connect to Kies or any pc - get a USB Device Not Recognised message.

Was going to reload Kies again in the hope that it would have Gingerbread which might sort some of these issues out?

Sorry for the big dump!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Whoa, unmount shouldn't wipe the songs, format does though (don't click that!)
    Unmount just disconnects the SD card from the phone (so it and the files on it won't appear on your phone until you mount it again)

• Advertisement

Thought so but it did wipe. To be clear all I did was press unmount and a few seconds later pressed mount i.e.I did not um remove the card, reinsert and mount. Maybe I damaged it by removing without unmounting that time. Can(should) you unmount before loadin a new card?

Anyway decided to reformat so will download some music again and see how I get on.
    Suspect this will be intermittent so will test on someone elses phone as well.

Also have latest version of Kies but phone still won't connnect to it - USB Device Not Recognised - saying usb device has malfunctioned. Could re-set factory settings but guess that means could loose all data - photos etc!!!! - Can't back up as can't even connect to pc and copy accross through windows?
    Is there a function to copy all from intenal sd to external sd (which I could check off a pc seperately) allowing me to do factory reset without risk of loosing everything?

sorry so long again

Advertisement