Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best screen in laptop for €800 or less

Options
  • 18-07-2011 2:27pm

Can anyone vouch for a good, bright screen in a laptop of €800 or less? I'm looking for decent horizontal viewing angles, decent contrast with nice blacks, and brightness. Watch a lot of movies/TV on laptop, as well as some photo-editing, and general computer use. Screen quality is important to me. I've given up on a high-res screen but I could live without that.

I find so many nicely-specced, decent looking laptops for the money, then when it comes to the screen you get 'mediocre' or 'poor conrast', etc.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Hate to say it but some of the dell studios have nice panels on them.

You could also try going into a sony store and having a look at some of the vaio's, though they're expensive for what you get.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

if you have can access the student store (we didn't need a student card), Apple do the basic Mac for €830-€850 during the summer. They don't do the same deal at the moment (you get €75 to spend in the App Store but pay €899).

Screen is pretty good, better than most IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Hate to say it but some of the dell studios have nice panels on them.

+1 on this. I have a Studio XPS 17. The screen is pretty sensational really

Advertisement