Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

39 Stone Cyclist

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

He doesn't look very happy in a lot of those skinny photos though..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭cython

Lemag wrote: »

Doesn't look too happy in the fat photos either. Maybe he's just just perpetually unhappy, no matter what!

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭littleredspot

That's amazing.
    (Is it possible to copy Tallon's post into the A/R/T weight loss thread?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Lemag wrote: »
    Looks pretty happy to me!

img_0465.jpg?w=510&h=680

img_0587.jpg?w=510&h=680

156780_469699671465_546316465_6205310_7666338_n.jpg?w=510&h=680

39-stone-cyclist-in-astana-team-kit.jpg?w=480&h=640

img_0207.jpg?w=510&h=382

img_0038-2.jpg?w=510&h=680

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Lance fanboy too. Any idea if he had to have excess skin removed?

• Advertisement

mloc123 wrote: »
    Lance fanboy too. Any idea if he had to have excess skin removed?
    I see one picture where he's in a hospital gown, so I would assume so.

His blog is actually quite interesting

edit: Actually, turns out he was hit by a van

http://theamazing39stonecyclist.wordpress.com/2010/07/20/i-was-hit-by-a-van-ended-up-in-ae-pictures-of-bike-and-rider-enclosed/

img_0123.jpg?w=510&h=382

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭531

He doesn't look happy when thin? Maybe he's hungry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

cython wrote: »
    Doesn't look too happy in the fat photos either. Maybe he's just just perpetually unhappy, no matter what!
    Tallon wrote: »
    Looks pretty happy to me!
    <snip>
    It's easy to be selective..
    Fat and happy

1g4d0096.jpg?w=510&h=767

Skinny and miserable

img_0237.jpg?w=510&h=680

img_0080.jpg?w=510&h=382

81f3e6eb.jpg?w=480&h=640

7f04cdfa.jpg?w=510&h=382

radioshack-2011-jersey-39-stone-cyclist.jpg?w=614&h=818

img_0128.jpg?w=614&h=458

However, he sure earned that Pina.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭mahoo

i feel sorry for his first bike... 39 stone on two wheels!!! :eek:... he must have been pretty fast on the descents :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Is he miserable because he can't find any decent sports kit - Radio Shack, Astana, Manchester United;) ??

Seriously, someone send him some retro cycling gear and a Liverpool jersey, that might improve his mood!

.....and it looks like he needs some cycling shoes too if he's going to get the most out of that Pina!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭G2ECE

Jawgap wrote: »
    Is he miserable because he can't find any decent sports kit - Radio Shack, Astana, Manchester United;) ??

Seriously, someone send him some retro cycling gear and a Liverpool jersey, that might improve his mood!

.....and it looks like he needs some cycling shoes too if he's going to get the most out of that Pina!

Liverpool Jersey wouldn't be very apt, the chap has just had a brilliant 3 years.......... :)

Seriously though, fair play to the guy, grabbin his second chance at life by the liathroidi.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

G2ECE wrote: »
    Liverpool Jersey wouldn't be very apt, the chap has just had a brilliant 3 years.......... :)

Seriously though, fair play to the guy, grabbin his second chance at life by the liathroidi.

I think Liverpool would be apt, he's lost a lot :D

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭El Vino

The reason he looks miserable is he is holding his stomach in, almost impossible to smile and hold it in at the same time

El Vino wrote: »
    The reason he looks miserable is he is holding his stomach in, almost impossible to smile and hold it in at the same time
    I actually think you might be right!

Obviously he did lose weight, but you would still feel the need to "suck it in" after all those years of feeling 'big'

Either that, or he's really good at sucking in 39 Stone :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Despite the Astana, Radioshack and Man. Utd. stuff, He is obviously a very good person. He is a MEATLOAF fan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Rule 51 FAIL :)

No doubt that what he did was a serious achievement - I've already sent a link to this site to a couple of people who could do with an ounce of his committment!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Anyone else notice the big box of pringles? You'd have thunk he might have hid them

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Undercover Elephant

mahoo wrote: »
    he must have been pretty fast on the descents :D
    Doesn't make any difference, as Galileo conclusively proved, although not by dropping a cannonball and a tomato off the Leaning Tower of Pisa. Brakes would have to work pretty hard though.

Advertisement