Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trek 1.2 - What Price Can I Achieve ?

Options
  • 18-07-2011 11:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭

I looking at getting an entry level road bike for fitness and leisure purposes, I am thinking of getting a Trek 1.2 2011 model. Ideally I would like to get a good second hand one but at 6'2" I might be limited in choice.

Would I be better off getting a new Trek 1.2 and fitted properly rather than trying to find a second hand one ???? I have seen in a previous thread that a forum member got one from a Co. Louth dealer at €775. Everywhere else they are advertised at €899, does this mean there is room for movement in the price once I enter the bike shop?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I don't think your height will limit your choices second hand, however you'd be hard pressed to find someone legitimately selling a 2011 bike second-hand.

Shops always have wiggle room in their prices. In general though haggling with bike shops involves having a tonne of extras thrown in (helmet, locks, gloves, etc etc) rather than getting a specific amount off the bike.

If you're getting a new bike from a shop, then the cycle to work scheme is the way to go, if it's available to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭Uncle Mclovin

I picked up my Trek 1.2 2011 for €750 in The Bike Shop in Limerick. I dunno maybe you don't live near there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Munster Sports Nutrition

I picked up my Trek 1.2 2011 for €750 in The Bike Shop in Limerick. I dunno maybe you don't live near there.

Thats good to know,I live about 25 mins away. I have bought a couple of bikes from him before and always found him easy to deal with. If I could get one at that price new it wud be great.

I don't qualify for the cycle to work as an self employed but I agree it is a great scheme (especially for the bike shops)

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭Uncle Mclovin

Ya he's a sound fella. He's always got plenty of time for people even though there could be a queue out to the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭macnab

the 2010 trek 1.2 is not much different from the 2011 bike, i have seen plenty for sale second hand on donedeal and adverts.ie for e450 to e500. A lot of them are low mileage bikes, practically new. Do a google search.

• Advertisement
Advertisement