Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buying a new bike compatible with car brackets

Options
  • 18-07-2011 9:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I am buying a new bike and at the mo' getting a men's one cos advised this is better for hooking on the the bike rack (which is what I want). Bike shop guy says that the ladies model CAN be put on the rack but that is is very awkward. Now, I had a men's racer for years asa student and it didn't bother me but before I buy, just wondered what other people's views on it are. It's a hybrid bike and I would need to be able to take it on my car so the car bracket thing seems ideal for me.
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,013 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Unless you need to cycle in a flappy dress, just buy something with a straightish top tube. The "ladies" bikes with a step-through frame (i.e. no top tube) are very heavy.

There are bikes with top tubes that are marketed as having women-specific geometry, but they're not really any different from the mens ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

Thanks. Just wanted a second opinion before I buy. Cheers!

Advertisement