Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bird Sanctuary/BOP experiences

Options
  • 18-07-2011 2:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

Anyone ever done one of these things where you visit a falconer/BOP centre? I'd LOVE to go to one. I obviously have a greater appreciation for birds of prey in the wild, but I'd still love to go to a place where you can have a BOP on a glove, and all that cheesy stuff!

Anyone go to one of these places near Dublin -Ideally near public transport :-) -? I'd love to just even see a falconer do his/her thing at somewhat close range!

Recommendations greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭V Bull

Hi Clearpreso, try this website www.dublinfalconry.com. They have various exhibits on going, all run by a very nice guy. All info on the website...:)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭OpenYourEyes

I know the OP is asking about places closer to Dublin, but for anyone within travelling distance of North Roscommon or Sligo, I highly recommend giving this place a visit! http://www.eaglesflying.com/ Some beautiful Birds of Prey and a very entertaining show!

(heres a pic I took at the show a week or two ago...)
    539780DB9F554FBAB6B81B7117707F7D-0000342048-0002427921-00640L-9D81EC9F8F2A48DD818532AEE04D322F.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Git101

Not far from Dublin. Excellent selection of birds.
    They also do flying displays and hawk walks.
    Woodlands Falcony & Bird of Prey Centre

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

+1 for Eagles Flying.

209E2835F9F24C109068525D62E40A7E.jpg

Advertisement