Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancel Active Downloads - X8

Options
  • 18-07-2011 1:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭

Long story short, I got my first Android phone the other day and was checking out the marketplace for anything interesting. I downloaded a few apps but the problem is I've only ever casually used the internet on my phones so haven't got any price plan, just the standard €1 per day for 50mb on O2.

So just to be sure I switched off data traffic once I'd finished so I wouldnt go over the 50mb for the day. Switched it back on again today and I see I've got active downloads again, checked them out and its downloading a game I already got yesterday, not once but twice! I assume thats somehow down to error on my part but the problem is I cant figure out how to stop them

I'm guessing I could do it if I get a download manager but is there any other way considering I cant really afford to download one

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Bump

Surely someone must know this, even if its just a straight no?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

You must have clicked to download more than once.
    My best advice is to log into the market and cancel there.
    Or find a wifi hot-spot place and re-download.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Going into the market doesnt work, when I go back to the game, it just gives me the option to install again. I know the cancel download should be below install but its not for whatever reason

Haven't tried a wifi connection so guess I'll give that a shot once I get the chance

Advertisement