Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your undergarment of choice?

Options
  • 17-07-2011 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭

I need to get myself some new boxers which got me to thinking; where can one get some decent underwear of choice?

I myself like the loose fitting cotton type with a small elastic around the waist, also covered in cotton. The larger exposed type elastic waistbands do nothing for me. I'm pretty sure I was lazy and got most of mine from Dunnes. Any ideas as to where I can get some good boxers similar to the above mentioned without spending the world?

What'll you have yourself? Boxers or briefs? Which type? Where'd you get them?

Boxers or Briefs? 44 votes

Boxers
    0% 0 votes
    Briefs
    38% 17 votes
    Boxer Briefs
    11% 5 votes
    The Man Thong (There's always one)
    43% 19 votes
    Commando
    2% 1 vote
    Atari Jaguar
    4% 2 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Swash

Boxers normally, but briefs have been making an appearance lately. Whatever is in the top drawer really. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Up de Barrs

Always wore boxers but have switched to buying jocks / briefs whenever I am topping up the socks / underwear supply. Calvin Klein X or CK One are quite sporty and definitely not the traditional Y front types. They eon sale in Arnotts for 30% off, not sure if its still on but there is always another one fairly soon these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Boxer briefs all the way. I'm in pretty good shape, so they look well, while giving you that all-important support. Don't want a dangly pair by 45 :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Mine are mostly tight fit boxers, but I've also got some loose fit boxers as well. Also from Dunnes.

Never really seen the need to think too much about the underwear I'm wearing to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

I am interested in the tight fit V loose fit boxer debate.

I don't like the idea of the tight fit ones at all though I know some people who swear by them.

Anyone here made the conversion and hasn't looked back?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Boxer briefs, tight fit - All the support of briefs (no swing low, sweet chariot) with the cool factor of boxers (or rather, without the uncool factor of briefs)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

Nothing says comfort like an unfurnished basement.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

I get my cotton type boxer thingies in Marks!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Loose fit boxers, anything else involves near constant rummaging

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

^ That's exactly what I would have thought.

I don't think man's beanbags are designed to be cupped into a tight ball with a bra-like structure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

I use these badboys BAWBAGS kinda likea wonderbra for the Meat and two Veg holds everything where it should be without to much constraint and some nice designs etc

http://www.bawbags.com/acatalog/Online_Catalogue-BOXERS.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I wear fitted boxers. Have done for a long time. Most comfortable for me. As for what makes and were I get them.....I have dunnes and penneys boxers all the way up to Calvin Klein boxers, just buy wherever has the best price normally

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

--Kaiser-- wrote: »
    Loose fit boxers, anything else involves near constant rummaging

I find the tight ones more comfortable and less rummaging to be honest. with loose ones things move around etc. but most importantly when I am warm bits tend to 'stick' to legs for want of a better description, tight ones keep everything separate!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I wear boxer-briefs, with the majority of mine being from Jockey.
    The 2 main things I like about them are that they are tight-fitting, giving support to the meat and 2 veg. And secondly they extend down the thigh.

I find that loose boxers don't give any support, while briefs are too short and my upper thighs get irritated from being in contact with my jeans/pants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

I HATE loose-fitting boxers. I really don't like having everything swinging around as I walk. Tight fitting boxers all the way. Plus I don't want balls saying hello to my ankles when I'm 60 :pac:

But seriously, tight fitting boxers are designed to offer support. Your testicles are not being squeezed into a tight ball. If you've bought boxers that do that, you've either bought the wrong size or bought boxers that don't suit your shape.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,517 ✭✭✭matrim

Tight fitting boxers for me. Generally the hipster style ones. I used to use the Dunnes cotton one's but found in warm weather they weren't great so switched to M&S Active fit which are really comfortable.

They also come with longer leg version which I find more comfortable if I'm doing alot of walking, especially in baggier pants

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

Tight fit boxer briefs. As I cannot stand the bunching / chaffing with the loose boxer shorts any sort of activity and they are most uncomfortable on the dangly bits. Boxer briefs also look good when your standing round in your jocks! Emphasis on the package + abs!

Also Y fronts? Really? Nothing screams middle / old age like Y Fronts they just look ridiculous IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

I have to say I don't like tight fitting boxers, or briefs, in the slightest. I always end up with a pain in my testes whenever I wear them.

I like soft boxers that allow them to hang as nature intended; there is method behind their punchbag like appearance you know :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Boxers for me. As long as they keep my junk in place, but not squashing them into that horrible un-comfort that you can't exactly adjust in a public place without the Gardai wanting to have a word with you :D

Then again, sometimes ya just can't beat going commando ^^

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Wollwead

My preference is boxers, but with the wrong material they can easily rip. A few weeks ago i thought i was great doing a heavy squat at the gym when my boxers ripped just as i was at the bottom of the squat! This is the second time this has happened! Commando FTW when hitting the squats!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Briefs, but gotta ensure they can cup the balls. Really hate when the elastic part traps a sack against the leg :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭RHunce

Boxer briefs for me. Mostly American Eagle with the odd pair of Jack & Jones.

Boxers at night though I find I sleep in them more easily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭El_Drago

Boxer briefs all the way,tight ones preferably for good support.I can't stand loose fitting ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Loose boxers. Dont like the feeling of being constrained.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

mostly thongs (men's, not women's), yes they're comfortable, no they won't give you 'gay'. Loads of you will freak out but honestly lads it's not the end of the world. Loose boxers are a nuisance, tight ones are fine. Have never worn briefs and I doubt that I ever will.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Boxers, loose fitting. Cotton when the weather is hot, silk during the chilly months.

On the balls dropping issue, it's gonna happen anyway. It's an age thing rather then an underwear thing.
    On the other hand wearing tightywhities can make your scrotum overheat and thus reduceing your production of testerone and lowering your sperm count.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

OldGoat wrote: »
    Boxers, loose fitting. Cotton when the weather is hot, silk during the chilly months.

On the balls dropping issue, it's gonna happen anyway. It's an age thing rather then an underwear thing.
    On the other hand wearing tightywhities can make your scrotum overheat and thus reduceing your production of testerone and lowering your sperm count.

Tightywhities or loose fitting boxers are not the only options. Boxer briefs aren't going to make your scrotum overheat or anything else, they just keep things intact without squeezing. If boxer briefs were lowering sperm count, I think we'd have noticed a sudden decrease in newborn babies!

Provided you actually buy ones that fit that is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Boxer Briefs.

Nothing feels/looks worst than boxers bunching under your jeans or pants.

This thread needs a poll.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Was a boxer brief man, but am gradually converting to medium fitting boxers. Thick material though. No matter how careful you are, a level of absorbtion is always a plus.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Blisterman wrote: »
    Was a boxer brief man, but am gradually converting to medium fitting boxers. Thick material though. No matter how careful you are, a level of absorbtion is always a plus.

Absorption :D:p:):confused::mad::(:eek::eek: wait, what like a nappy?!??!

Advertisement