Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD - General Nursing, placement

Options
  • 17-07-2011 10:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I have a question.

I am studying General Nursing in UCD. I just finished my first year. My placement was in St. Michael's Hospital in Dun Laoghaire.

However I'm living 2 hours away from Dun Laoghaire and have no one to stay with there nearby to the hospital.

I was wondering if it's possible to change the hospital where i have my clinical placement to The Mater hospital or St. Vincent's hospital as it would help me a lot, I have a friend in the area who would allow me to live with her.

If I explained my situation to the clinical placement team at UCD, would it be possible that i would be placed in another hospital?

Thanks a lot for the answers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Riveta

Hmmm I COULD be possible if someone dropped out of the mater or vinnies group... All you can do is ask and hope for the best? Could you move out and live closer to the hospital?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Misia

Well apparently a percentage of people drop out of college after 1st year so i guess it's quite possible that some people dropped out of the course.
    I guess i need to wait until september to find out then.
    no i can't move out and move closer to the hospital, i don't have the finances to move out, the student grant doesn't pay enough, my dad is unempolyed. i was considering getting a job but everyone is advising me against it, that i would have no life, and that it's really tough to manage work, college study and assignments, i'm better off travelling to college i guess.

Thank you anyway :) hopefully things will work out somehow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭groovyg

You should probably contact them now as opposed to September. They are going to be crazy busy with the new first years in September. What hospital did you put down as your first choice when you were choosing in first year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Misia

Well i put down st. michael's as my first choice but i didn't know we'd be working 12 hour shifts and starting work at 7.45. Also i didn't really know where the other hospitals were. yeah i know i didn't really think it through back then so that's my mistake. thank you for the advice :)

Advertisement