Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anatomy and Physiology module (D20001)

Options
  • 17-07-2011 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I recently did a Fetac level 5 course and I found the Anatomy and Physiology module fairy hard as I never did science in school...

On ebay I found the genuine fetac notes that were handed out on the course for anatomy and physiology but there on a C.D. ... Its not cheating because we got the notes in class anyway but it really helped me in the end as it gave me more time to study for the final exam...

Theres over 300 pages of notes and I hate reading and I found it easier to read on the comp and I could study a bit every time I was on the laptop...

Just a heads up really for future students if they never did science in school as for me it was the best €30 ever spent!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,070 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Just a couple of points here. Anatomy and Physiology is quite a tough module, any study that you can do will be good. I'm not quite sure what you mean about the 'genuine fetac notes' though. Fetac only do the modules, they do not do any notes. Each course provider will have their own notes.

It is more than likely that in a course of that kind the notes will be similar from one provider to another, but some modules could have very different notes depending on how the provider is presenting the course. You would be safer to study the notes given out in your course.

After this year there will be a change in many courses so that, while notes would be factually correct, they may not be as relevant as they are at the moment.

Edit: As they are individually made out, the provider will be easily able to recognise their notes, so there could be a copyright issue that the seller should be aware of.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭scullersky

looksee wrote: »
    Just a couple of points here. Anatomy and Physiology is quite a tough module, any study that you can do will be good. I'm not quite sure what you mean about the 'genuine fetac notes' though. Fetac only do the modules, they do not do any notes. Each course provider will have their own notes.

It is more than likely that in a course of that kind the notes will be similar from one provider to another, but some modules could have very different notes depending on how the provider is presenting the course. You would be safer to study the notes given out in your course.

After this year there will be a change in many courses so that, while notes would be factually correct, they may not be as relevant as they are at the moment.

Edit: As they are individually made out, the provider will be easily able to recognise their notes, so there could be a copyright issue that the seller should be aware of.

Im not sure all I know is that Fetac issues learning outcomes with each module.... All notes have to be very similar because if people dont meet all the learning outcomes set down be fetac they simply cannot pass the module...

There defiantly is not a copyright issue becaue all the information is just photocoped out of a sciene book.. I now this as I have the notes and I found the book that they came from but it just saves you looking for them when there all togeather...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,070 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Im not sure all I know is that Fetac issues learning outcomes with each module.... All notes have to be very similar because if people dont meet all the learning outcomes set down be fetac they simply cannot pass the module...

There defiantly is not a copyright issue becaue all the information is just photocoped out of a sciene book.. I now this as I have the notes and I found the book that they came from but it just saves you looking for them when there all togeather...

Yes, I agree that the learning outcomes come with the module, the course and exams are set by the providers though and there can be sufficient different emphasis that someone could miss something.

As to the copyright - if they are photocopied from a book then they are certainly copyright, not to the course but to the author of the book. They are effectively selling the same as pirated cds.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭trishawisha

Hi Tommy I wonder if you could tell me if the course you did would be the same as this....
    http://www.theopencollege.com/fetac-certificate-in-anatomy-and-physiology.html
    Its a fetac accredited module also, but is under the beauty category. I would like it to meet min requirements for a health based course next year.
    Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭scullersky

Hi Tommy I wonder if you could tell me if the course you did would be the same as this....
    http://www.theopencollege.com/fetac-certificate-in-anatomy-and-physiology.html
    Its a fetac accredited module also, but is under the beauty category. I would like it to meet min requirements for a health based course next year.
    Thanks in advance

Hey, yes thats the exact course I did ;)

If you need anymore info feel free to pm me :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Jess55

Tommy-Kerry:Could you tell me the name of the cd as there seem to a few on ebay.many thanks
    Jess

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭castaway_lady

Get the book " An Introduction to Anatomy & Physiology" by Louise Tucker. It is ideal for the fetac syllabus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭mullyboyee

hi guys I completed a FETAC level 5 last year distinction in anatomy and physiology, as the last poster suggested that bokk is golden. however i rareley attended classes (as my class behaved lik 5 year olds) but if you grasp the muscular, skeletal systems, the heart, muscle contraction, flexion extension etc. you will be fine. im now studying for a degree in tralee it in health and leisure, and were covering pretty much the same material, if u just learn it odd you will be grand its pretty easy, best of luck in your course. M

• Registered Users Posts: 19 orlzy22

hi mullyboyee, just wondering if you did your fetac course in tralee? just seen that you are donig your degree in tralee was just wondering if you could give e any info on the fetac course as I hope to do it n tralee..which is the best anatomy and physiology book?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ozonelayer

I am currently doing this course and my friend has done it one year ago, she said the questions were very easy but said that she remembers some of them such as ATP and the conversion to energy, gass exchag in the lungs., the nervuous sistem, chambers of the heart, the rest she said are from the ones she did int he assignment such as muscles and why it is stiped,

• Advertisement
Advertisement