Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MMA League Results Round Two

Options
  • 17-07-2011 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭

All the results are up on the MMA League Website from both Cork and Derry!

Fuller post to follow

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭mark.leonard

I have said this a number of times now, but what a week the League had last week! Saturday the 9th we were in Cork, great event, great venue that ran smoothly and was a lot of fun. Really technical striking in Cork that was great to see.
    Got the results up a few hours later then not 12 hours after that the site went down for the longest outage the MMA League site has ever had, timing couldn't have been worse!
    The site came back up with only a day to go before Derry, better late than never.
    The Derry event was an excellent round of the League with tremendous rivalry and some of the best matches I have refereed in some time. Long Tower is a great venue as well, all in all I think both Derry and Cork are experiences we need to repeat!
    To round off the week I spent a good chunk of Sunday updating the League site (head over and check it out if you haven't already), so lots of updates there.

Results updates have been coming in steadily for the past day or so; remember if you have an issue with something in the League tables, log a problem report using the tool on the site and I will address it. I think I have gotten to most from the weekend, if not I will get to your issue tomorrow morning.

Lastly I have to thank a few folks for all their help;
    All the clubs, coaches and fighters who came along to both events, thanks so much for your continued support.
    St. John's Ambulance in Derry and the Civil Defence in Cork both did an excellent job looking after our fighters.
    May and Brian from Long Tower and Jim for the Mats there,
    Bernie and Conn in Colaiste Criost na Ri and Jim and Tony for their mats,
    Charlie for getting Jim's ring finished before mine Saturday!
    Jim for helping me ref and all the other little things he did at both events and Michelle for keeping me sane through the week, keeping the rings running so smoothly and generally catching all the things I let slip!

So, check out the MMA League Website, and don't forget to "Like" us on the site so we can spread the word to other people!

Registration is now open for Round 3 in Dublin on the 24th of September, more to come on that from our site and facebook.

Advertisement