Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charging issue with 2 HTC's

Options
  • 17-07-2011 6:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭

I have a HTC HD and the missus has a HTC Desire. There is no issue charging them from the plug socked but when we take the USB cable out of the plug socket and try charge it from our computers there seems to be an issue.

When i plug them both in the little symbol appears on the battery icon to say it is charging but after 8 hours of charging as soon as i plug it out it has less battery than when i first plugged it in.

I have tried 4 different USB cables and 3 laptops and 2 PC's and wont charge on any of them.

When i plug it into any computer i wait for the options page to appear on the phone and select "Charge only" but still no joy.

Anyone else have any issues with it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Make sure the usb socket and cable are usb 2. I charge my hero and desire s from a laptop without issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Sometimes my HD is picky about which socket it will work with. Its kinda funny. Loves being beside the telly lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭bungler

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Make sure the usb socket and cable are usb 2. I charge my hero and desire s from a laptop without issues.

The USB cable works fine when i attach it to the actually charger in the wall it just wont charge off computers.
    seanybiker wrote: »
    Sometimes my HD is picky about which socket it will work with. Its kinda funny. Loves being beside the telly lol
    Ive tried it in 5 different computers with no joy. Just handy to charge it from the laptop but ill just have to get a second plug charger.

Advertisement