Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"No Walkers" signs near Curraun Hill (near Achill)

Options
  • 17-07-2011 5:10pm
    Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,183 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

I was driving through Belfarsed on the Curraun Peninsula yesterday and I noticed someone had erected signs saying "No Walkers" at the bottom of a road, I know the road provides access to the bogs up towards the mountain and goes quite a bit up into the valley. I find it quite perplexing that those signs are there as the road is part of the Slí Acla waymarked trail(there's still waymarks all along it), this trail is still active and advertised on walking brochures etc so I was wondering if anyone knows how and why the signs came to be put up? Much of the road is chipped which probably means it's a council owned road too no? I just find it really odd as the hills there are still prettypopula with walkers as far as I know and I haven't heard of any access disputes in the area.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,398 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I was driving through Belfarsed on the Curraun Peninsula yesterday and I noticed someone had erected signs saying "No Walkers" at the bottom of a road, I know the road provides access to the bogs up towards the mountain and goes quite a bit up into the valley. I find it quite perplexing that those signs are there as the road is part of the Slí Acla waymarked trail(there's still waymarks all along it), this trail is still active and advertised on walking brochures etc so I was wondering if anyone knows how and why the signs came to be put up? Much of the road is chipped which probably means it's a council owned road too no? I just find it really odd as the hills there are still prettypopula with walkers as far as I know and I haven't heard of any access disputes in the area.

its more than likely a right of way , so i doubt they have permission to do that.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭nuac

Suggest you contact MCC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭No1J

As long as they have Tayto you will be alright.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,183 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

No1J wrote: »
    As long as they have Tayto you will be alright.

Eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,398 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Eh?

tayto and walkers crisps mate

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,183 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

irishgeo wrote: »
    tayto and walkers crisps mate

D'oh. :pac:

E-mailed the coco there.

Advertisement