Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lapierre Audacio 500 2011 - Tyres

Options
  • 17-07-2011 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, am thinking strongly of getting this bike, in coming weeks.
    I wish to put 28mm tyres instead of the 23 mm tyres that come with it - for comfort (willing to sacrifice some speed for added cushioning).

Anyone done this, any issues ?

I will use the bike for some fitness work (short rides 5-10km), but mainly for getting around locally (3-5 km trips) to see family etc, and the joy of riding a performance road bike (that is, for that budget range; c.1400 €).

Any feedback on the tyres or bike in general, appreciated.
    David

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Tonyandthewhale

Nice bike, arguably you could get better value for your money but if you like it you should buy it (it's certainly very pretty and lapierre make lovely bikes). Not sure if you can fit 28mm tyres to it though (certainly won't fit anything bigger) as it's quite a tight-clearance frame, they'll be able to tell you for certain in the shop anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭munsterleinster

Have the sensuim that seems to be an identical frame.
    Running a 25mm Gator. It'll be tight but there should be enough room for a 28, but I probably wouldn't bother.

The 25 seems good all round.

Advertisement