Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recomend me some multiplayer games (xbox360 and pc)

Options
  • 17-07-2011 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭

Looking for local multiplayer games to play with mates. Ideally not split screen (although will accept split screen for a good racer). Most of my games are not multiplayer (Red Dead, L.A Noire, etc) so I never have anything to play when friends come round apart from FIFA or Pro Ev.

I recently bought the likes of Soul Calibre, Fight Night, Virtua Tennis and a bunch of American sports games (NHL 2x7, NFL 09, NBA 10 etc). Looking for any other good multiplayer game suggestions ?

Also have pc hooked up to tv so interested in anything thats good locally with controllers.

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Hmmm, only ones I can think of off the top of my head would be Super Street Fighter IV (I think a new edition just came out of it, though I could be wrong. I', sure one of the boys here could clarify that for you) or maybe Mortal Kombat. If you like Soul Calibur than you might dig them. They are good fun, especially with a few freinds around for a few beers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Left 4 dead 1 & 2 have fantastic split screen co op :) You could also try some XBLA games such as N+

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Randomer.

Worms.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Mortal kombat? you cant call them friends, untill you took theyr spines out and showed them. it has to fallow with " HA! " too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Cheers for the suggestions so far.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭War Machine 539

C0D 4 split screen is amazing. I remember in boarding school four of us huddled around a 19'' TV, screen split in 4. Amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

C0D 4 split screen is amazing. I remember in boarding school four of us huddled around a 19'' TV, screen split in 4. Amazing!

Hate playing FPS with a controller and really hate split screen. I guess I'm just spoiled with a big monitor and tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Tusky wrote: »
    Hate playing FPS with a controller and really hate split screen. I guess I'm just spoiled with a big monitor and tv.

19inch TV split in 4.... oh boy, how i dont want to have any of this lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Yi Harr

Project Gotham (3 or 4) is a good racer as either local multiplayer or over a LAN.

Found this site too. It's basically a searchable database of multiplayer games for the 360.

Can't offer you much else as I'd generally either play LAN or just 2 player coop.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

PC - Team Fortress 2 - It's easily one of the greatest multiplayer FPS games of all time, and it's free !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 jimoc1978

Gears of war, 1 and 2, some of the best Co OP available on any machine to play with a friend, and its not really fps, lots of shooting from cover ect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

jimoc1978 wrote: »
    Gears of war, 1 and 2, some of the best Co OP available on any machine to play with a friend, and its not really fps, lots of shooting from cover ect.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Mortal Kombat is pretty decent for the multiplayer, people tend to get aggitated every time you win you pause the game to check out the fatalities but its well worth it!

Also some of the arcade games you can download are made to a certain taste but if you like them then the multiplayer is brilliant. I recall having lots of lols with the south park tower defence game with some friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭board_stiff

SeantheMan wrote: »
    PC - Team Fortress 2 - It's easily one of the greatest multiplayer FPS games of all time, and it's free !

+1 for Team Fortress 2. It is free after all!

I think you will find with the majority of PC games released over the last few years that they no longer support LAN mode and you will need broadband to play multiplayer.

If you are into your racers you can pick up Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box cheaply enough. Not a brilliant game but worth a blast in multiplayer mode. It's also available on the xbox360

Advertisement