Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feed and Deadline

Options
  • 17-07-2011 1:07pm

Just wondering if anybody has read these two books by Mira Grant?

I just finished reading Deadline, the sequel to Feed, and I have to say that I'm hooked! They are as good as World War Z by Max Brooks, if not slightly better as they paint a more plausible picture as to how the infection first started, which I won't give away here, and how the world has changed when Zombies are an every day occurrence and nobody stays dead.

if you haven't read them yet, I advise you to do so, if you have, what did you think of it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Feed is the only one of that pair that I bought. Must admit that it bored me. I did not like the main characters at all.

I have read some of McGuire's other books and her style is just not for me I think.

Are we on about the same novel, just because it was written by a Grant not a McGuire, unless that was a typo?

The thing I really liked about it was it answered questions I had often wondered, such as (don't think this is a spoiler), how would people who actually seen Zombie movies would cope in an actual Zombie Rising.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Are we on about the same novel, just because it was written by a Grant not a McGuire, unless that was a typo?

The thing I really liked about it was it answered questions I had often wondered, such as (don't think this is a spoiler), how would people who actually seen Zombie movies would cope in an actual Zombie Rising.

Mira Grant is just a pen name, not a real person. I have a habit of using her real name, Seanan McGuire, because all her other books that I read before Feed are under her real name.

She only used the Grant name for the Newsflesh series and a few short stories.

Advertisement