Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kraken Rum

Options
  • 17-07-2011 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭

I've heard good things about this Kraken rum, and I was wondering if anyone knew if there was anywhere that sold it in Ireland (preferably in Dublin)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

I actually saw this in Selfridges when I was in Birmingham 2 weeks ago. I wanted to pick up a bottle but I wouldnt have been able to get it home on the plane.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,780 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Celtic Whiskey Shop have a pretty good rum selection.
    Try there.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭nephster

Also trying to find somewhere that stocks this in Dublin. Shipping from the UK seems to work out nearly as expensive as the rum itself :(
    From the Celtic Whiskey Shop:
    "We don’t sell Kraken Spiced Rum and have no immediate plans to do so. We have a few new spiced rums such as Elements 8, Four Square & Sailor Jerry."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Butch Cassidy

First port of call would've been these two shops:

http://www.drinkstore.ie/SPIRITS-RUM/

http://www.celticwhiskeyshop.com/Other_Spirits__drinks/Rum/A_to_z_of_Rum-category-24-distillery-27-z-distillery.htm

Both have an excellent selection of rums. I'm not sure if anyone is importing Kracken, that could be the problem. I've not even seen it in bars.

That said you could try some of the better off-licences such as Redmonds in Ranelagh and Deveneys in Dundrum. It's only slowly in the last number of years that supermarkets and offies have started to sell Havana Club so the take up of Kracken will be ultra slow I suspect.

If you've not tasted this rum but only "heard" about it but are also curious to try rum other than the one most ubiquitously available at present then I would suggest checking out some of those I linked to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

I've heard good things about this Kraken rum, and I was wondering if anyone knew if there was anywhere that sold it in Ireland (preferably in Dublin)
    I was in sainsburys in newry today. I got a bottle of this for £25 for a litre

• Advertisement
Advertisement