Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guitar player looking to join/form band in Cork.

Options
  • 16-07-2011 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭

Looking to join/form a band in the cork area.Ive been playing guitar for 2 and a half years. Main influences would be Interpol, Radiohead,Foo Fighters, Joy Division,Muse.The Raconteurs,the Smashing Pumpkins and The White Stripes. But I would be interested to play blues/rock/indie/hard rock/funk/alternative. Anything really. In the hopes of gigging/jamming and perhaps even recording. Looking to join/form a serious committed band,with the hopes of writing originals and gigging.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 stellarcube

Fantastic influences man. I'm a guitarist myself. What age are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Dorcha13

Im 20,living about 15-20 minutes outside of cork city.Bob dylan,neil young,django reinhard,rodrigo y gabriela and the Beatles would also be major influences.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Crazybassplayer

Hi im a drummer living in cork, would you have anything of yourself or your songs online that i could look at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ImRicey

18, down in Cork for College. (So from September all the way through to June, but i'd be around all the time.)
    Singer, Rhythm Guitarist, playing for 2 years also. I am interested in writing originals and gigging with a serious and committed band
    My influences would also include Radiohead, Muse, Foo Fighters and White Stripes. But I would be interested in playing all the different styles you've mentioned above.
    I can provide video and audio of me singing and playing if you want.

Im afraid I wouldnt have any videos or such online sorry.Cool, ImRicey,send on a link. What we could always do,is meet up and jam sometime.Oh yes,im also currently in an instrumental acoustic spanish/jazz band. Been doing a few open mic nights in the lv on mccurtain street the past few weeks.Im just looking to join/form something different from that.

• Advertisement

Bump.

Just abit of an update,may have possibly gotten a guitar player/singer. Still looking for other members :)

Bump.

Bump for great justice.

Bump.

• Advertisement
Advertisement