Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bass player wanted by acoustic singer-songwriter

Options
  • 16-07-2011 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭

Are you a bass player at a loose end?

I could just leave it at that "bass player wanted" but figured that would waste your time and mine.

So here's a long post which might get me some better results :D

Me: I've got a few solo gigs under my belt and have played in groups for over 25 years. So that means I'm in my 40s which may or may not be an issue for you :D 90% original material with the odd cover version. One EP already released, a few radio sessions, loads of open mics and a couple of nice support slots.

You: I'm looking for a bass guitar player primarily. The songs are very straightforward. I can't stretch to paying but will cover expenses and can guarantee a stress-free working relationship. If the gigs make a profit I'll pay. But we know the likelihood of that is slim so let's just settle for expenses for the time being ;)

You might like players like Colin Moulding, McCartney, Tina Weymouth: straightforward melodic bass players.

If you're into doing maybe 1 gig very 6-8 weeks and are willing to learn my songs and are comfortable with both my style of music then contact me here via PM.

I'm based in west Dublin and would prefer someone who could travel to the Castleknock area independently for a couple of practice sessions (and if it works out recording in my studio). Gigs will be mostly Dublin city but I'm looking at support slots and other gigs outside of Dublin. (Yes, I'll drive us both to the gigs and keep the hassle to a minimum).

Some of the songs just need me & my guitar, some need a bass too. Other songs use loops and I play along with guitar, they'll need bass too. A few songs need keyboard and I'll play that live (both with and without loops), these need bass.

Initially I'm only looking for someone to accompany me live but if you're interested in recording that's cool. I've got a bunch of tracks that need a real bass player to contribute. When they're done I'll be putting out a new CD and booking some gigs around Dublin during autumn and winter.

Here's a link to my webpage with some links and samples of my songs.

Influences include the obvious Beatles, XTC, Elvis Costello, Ron Sexsmith but also artists like Simple Kid, Vince Clarke and anyone who is mashing up traditional acoustic singer-songwriter sounds with electronics.

If you play percussion or a 2nd instrument that can take a solo on the odd song then all the better.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 132 ✭✭88show

are you still looking for a bassist?
    Im 41, playing music forever, can get away with playing a few instruments
    have equipment and transport, I'm interested in a sit back groove type gig

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭iMADEtheBBC

PM sent. thanks.

Advertisement