Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a quality road bike

Options
  • 16-07-2011 5:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hey,I'm currently looking at buying a road bike for the first time. Looking for something light,fast and reasonably comfortable. I got a price on two bikes so far. Merida 91 for 760 and a Claud Butler Milano for 680. Merida has full sora components,Milano just has different brakes as far as I can tell. Anybody have any experience with these bikes?? Any suggestions would be greatful.. Cheers:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭e30fitz

I don't much about the above but a trek 1.2 is a very good entry road bike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Bick

Yeah was looking at that to,just out of my price range at the moment though! Came across a second hand Kellys IRC 3.9 for 650,seems to have an impressive spec.. What do reckon on buying second hand?? As I can get a new bike for a little more than this! But I do want to try and get the best quality for my money as I will be riding quiet a bit!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Did you look at giant. The defy 3 and 4. Never come across the bikes you mentioned

Heard of them alright but never got any prices on them! I'll ring around tomorrow. http://kellysbike.com/index.php?id=hr_product&product_id=21056&countries_id=53&countries_name=hr&cat_id=243&subcat_id=244 What would you think of this second hand?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭feck sake lads

what size are you after i was thinking of selling my bike 1300euro for a dream machine pm me if your interested.

• Advertisement

a bit rich for me mate!

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Johnners1878

I've just gone through all of this Bick, and did a fair bit of research. I ended up going for a Forme Vitesse for €1,100 - more than I'd originally intended to spend, but I decided to spec up and pay the extra. At around €700, I almost bought a Specialized Allez. Had a good long spin on one and it seemed like a very nice bike. You'll get lots of opinions on here I'm sure. Secondhand is probably a good way to go - you'll see lots of bikes that cost €1,000+ for 500-700 on Donedeal, a lot of them bought on the Bike to Work scheme I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭Vizzy

Bick wrote: »
    Yeah was looking at that to,just out of my price range at the moment though! Came across a second hand Kellys IRC 3.9 for 650,seems to have an impressive spec.. What do reckon on buying second hand?? As I can get a new bike for a little more than this! But I do want to try and get the best quality for my money as I will be riding quiet a bit!

The Kelly's is a great bike.(friend has one)
    For €650 you will be getting much better quality components.

Hopefully going to look at the kellys tomorrow. The guy that's selling is trying to seal the deal on his new bike,going to give me a ring in the morning! Oh there's so many bikes going around my head at this stage but all going well i'll have one tomorrow!:) Cheers Johnners. The vitesse is a beauty,maybe the next one:)

Settled for the Merida 91. Delighted with it.Took it out for a 25k run this evening which felt really good! Happy happy:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭e30fitz

Well wear

Advertisement