Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SHOPS IN DROMAHAIR CO. LEITRIM

Options
  • 16-07-2011 4:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭

I had reason to drive through Dromahair village recently and stopped at the SPAR shop in the village, talk about an icey reception from the eldery staff working there, I got the feeling from them that i should have been grateful for them to serve me, never going back there. It was like going back in time to the 1950's.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Dazzler88

ah they are funny folk in there.Their just real nosey,they were probably trying to figure out who you were.Nice people if you get to know them.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭jazyguy

Stopped in there one day to buy fags and a cup of coffee, was asked "If I was passing through?" I did find it a bit strange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭In The Sticks

a bit like that movie - The Hill's Have Eyes, they didn't try and lock you in did they?????

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Hiitsme

You should've left them a photo so they'll know you next time :p

The staff in there are normally very nice and friendly, a bit old-style alright but I like it that way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭moonbloom

Dont see many of the shops with character any more. Villages are all bypassed. Ya can be a bit slow at times, but sure whats the hurry!. Great spot for people watching, some characters!.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭moonbloom

No you havent been there. more like http://youtu.be/ZEwVpWFyy3M :D

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Hiitsme

At least you didn't do this :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-hg2ifE09w

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭WANTStoWORK

I know the shop you are on about, I was in it once and once only, very strange people indeed, should check <SNIP>

Mod edit: Take that up with the shop but dont post it here. Thanks.

Advertisement