Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got the bike...........

Options
  • 16-07-2011 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I purchased a Trek 4300 disc mountain bike today second hand. I will be mainly riding around the local forests for the moment but will travel to Ballyhoura once I get some bit fit.
    What other equipment do I need to purchase now I have the bike?
    Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

do you have shoes?

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭one man clappin

No Al I do not. I was looking at Shimano AM41 flat shoes on the net

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

shoes are only really important if your using clip-less pedals, you should have a helmet, hand pump, some spare tubes, chain power links, multi tool, backpack or saddle bag to carry everything in, padded shorts are also pretty important :D maybe some chain oil as well

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭glennbhoy

buy a 2 l camelbak

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭rondeco

I'm in a similar boat but I got a road bike. Can anyone recommend anything that the op might not need that I might?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

rondeco wrote: »
    I'm in a similar boat but I got a road bike. Can anyone recommend anything that the op might not need that I might?

Lifejacket? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

rondeco wrote: »

mountain bike

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

Knee/shin guards. Get something comfy that won't irritate the inside of your knee.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭one man clappin

I went to take out the bike this evening for a spin but I noticed that when I pulled the front brake, there was a bit of play, as if the bike was rocking slightly. I had the shock locked at the time.
    The shop I bought the bike in said that he had installed new brakes front and rear, not sure if this has anything to do with it.
    It also looks like I will have to replace the pedals as there is a clicking at 10 and 2 o'clock when I pedal but nothing when I am off the bike and running the pedals free of weight.

Any help on the rocking would again be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Super Freak

Bring it back to the shop !! They should be able to sort any problems you have. That's why we pay a premium for buying in a shop ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

could be a dodgy hub or headset/stem, id just bring it to the shop they should sort it for you

Advertisement