Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evil Dead Remake

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭jurahnimoh

I'll be at the top of the queue for that one, the original was a classic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭Banjaxed82

We all know it will be sh!te. If you told me they were going to shoot it on the same budget as the original, I'd be intrigued.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

Even though Raimi and Campbell are going to be involved, I'd still be a little worried. I fear it could end up being a feast of poor CGI.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Funny thing is that Evil Dead was already remade. :D

So will this remake be a remake of the original, or a remake of the original remake?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

Kess73 wrote: »
    Funny thing is that Evil Dead was already remade. :D

So will this remake be a remake of the original, or a remake of the original remake?;)

you're correct actually, ED 2 was pretty much a remake of ED....and what a remake!!!
    what i'm worried about, is if the creators of this remake aren't happy with the results, will they remake it? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

Zak Flaps wrote: »
    . I fear it could end up being a feast of poor CGI.

As oppesed to the feast of poor stop motion that it was....?
    I dont think the effects will make or break this movie, if they capture half the athmosphere of the orignal it could be good... I think a movie as good as this can take a remake with one hand tied behind its back.

Strap a camera to a plank of wood and ge 2 lads to run through with woods with it and yer made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

This will suck ass.

That is all.

ah dont make your mind up till you see it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Cant help it man.ED is one of the first "video nasties" I ever saw so will always hold a special place in my blackened heart!

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Carter P Fly

"I may be bad... but I feel good"

Evil dead was cheap, cheezy and epic. You cant remake it, it will be ****e ****e ****e.

• Advertisement

"I may be bad... but I feel good"

Evil dead was cheap, cheezy and epic. You cant remake it, it will be ****e ****e ****e.

but it could be Big Bugeted , cheezy and epic....

I can name dozen low budget horror films more suited to a remake, there are hundres of mediocre 80s slasher and mobster films which a remake could genuine improve upon but the Evil Dead is so ingrained on the mind if all horror fans that it's sacred.

There's only been a few remakes that really worked, My Bloody Valentine and Sorority Row being two of the better ones. They took a film which was unknown to most and remade it with a sense of fun for MBV didn't populate it with vapid teens but actual honest to god adults.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

It will be nothing without the king. Even if Bruce is in there somewhere, it can never match his original work as central character.

Advertisement