Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cattery north Galway

Options
  • 16-07-2011 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭

I live in the Ballindine area of Mayo and I'm looking for a Cattery within easy reach.

I'm after one that can take my cat in at short notice for just 3 or 4 nights at a time but quite frequently.

It could be almost anywhere between here and Galway City but the nearer the better.

Anyone know of one?.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 micksie

There is a cattery in Belclare (about 2-3 miles from Tuam) called 'Woofs and Wags'. I think they have a website too if you want to look it up. Also you could check with some of the local vets, I have seen ads for catteries in the waiting room of the vet I use for my cats.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Irishgoatman

micksie wrote: »
    There is a cattery in Belclare (about 2-3 miles from Tuam) called 'Woofs and Wags'. I think they have a website too if you want to look it up. Also you could check with some of the local vets, I have seen ads for catteries in the waiting room of the vet I use for my cats.

Hi Micksie,

Thanks very much, just rang these people, Purrrrfect. (sorry but couldn't resist that).:)

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Mr Man

I live in the Ballindine area of Mayo and I'm looking for a Cattery within easy reach.

I'm after one that can take my cat in at short notice for just 3 or 4 nights at a time but quite frequently.

It could be almost anywhere between here and Galway City but the nearer the better.

Anyone know of one?.

This is where we send our cat - http://www.cuddlescattery.ie/

It's very good. The owner is a total cat freak.

Mr Man wrote: »

Thanks, but a bit too far away for me.

Thanks for all the help folks, much appreciated.

If any one needs a cattery/kennels in Mayo I can recommend :

"Paws for a break".

They're not too far from Castlebar.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭planetX

Mr Man wrote: »

I drive an hour to bring my cats there - love it:D

planetX wrote: »
    I drive an hour to bring my cats there - love it:D

Thanks but a little too pricey for me.
    I want to board my cat out for 2, 3 or 4 nights probably twice a month.
    They have a minimum charge of 60 euro.
    If I was going away for a week it would be fine.

Thanks everybody.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Webbs

Thanks but a little too pricey for me.
    I want to board my cat out for 2, 3 or 4 nights probably twice a month.
    They have a minimum charge of 60 euro.
    If I was going away for a week it would be fine.

Thanks everybody.

If its 2 or 3 nights have you thought of getting an automatic petfeeder and litter trays. Would save you a fortune.

(would also recommend cuddles to anyone is a fantastic place)

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭fergalfrog

An automatic cat feeder can do 5 nights.

I was a bit apprehensive using one before but it worked well.

Webbs wrote: »
    If its 2 or 3 nights have you thought of getting an automatic petfeeder and litter trays. Would save you a fortune.

(would also recommend cuddles to anyone is a fantastic place)

I don't like to leave her shut in the house for more than 24 hrs.
    She eats mostly dried food and uses a litter tray (even though the back door is always open!) so that's no problem. When she's in a cattery I know she's being looked after/at whilst i'm away.
    I've found a few other catteries, if the one you mention didn't have a minimum charge it would be O.K. Most don't, they charge by the night. I'm a pensioner and have to think of these things. I go off in my campervan for short trips and although I often take her with me she gets stir crazy after 2 nights. I've tried training her with a harness but she's too independent.
    I've had cats for years but have only in the last 2 years got the camper so the cat has to take priority:D.

But thanks everybody.

• Advertisement
Advertisement