Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dream 17

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,166 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

How involved ARE you with Fight Ireland exactly? Do you run it?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I hope Miyata wins, other than that I'm not too pushed, I'm just not familiar enough with the Japanese bantamweights. Zaromskis is a bit of a joke as champion at this stage and Mousassi should destroy Izumi, its pretty sad to see these guys (him and the other medallist) are the successors to Yoshida.

HDnet isn't showing this live, so I presume there is no way to stream it? Anyone know any Japanese links?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,682 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

MrStuffins wrote: »

I have zero connection with that site, don't even know who runs it. Saw their betting tips on facebook said i'd give it a go, should have known better. You think i'm doing a bit of self promoting there? :)

Must give this a watch tonight, anyone see it? Any good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

sheehy83 wrote: »
    you can turn 25 euro into 590 on paddy power by betting on 3 fighters. Miyata, Mizuno and Fickett treble. Apparently it's easy money

No such thing as easy money!

Oh_Noes wrote: »
    No such thing as easy money!

Exactly what I said, especially with MMA. I think the thing that pushed me was the thought of my friend winning nearly 500 quid, I would have been sickened if I didn't place a bet. Ah well, live and learn :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

I know how you feel. I had a lovely five fight accumulator going on a card a few months ago which would have gotten me 450 for a tenner. I was banking on John Howard scraping past out-of-form Thiago Alves but Alves wiped the floor with him.

I still might throw an auld tenner Tito's way for the Evans fight just for the laugh :D

I still might throw an auld tenner Tito's way for the Evans fight just for the laugh :D

Ya, i'd say there would be some good odds for Tito in that one. I keep telling myself to stay away from mma bets but i'm a sucker for the ol' accums.

Can't find a stream for this event at all.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Ya, i'd say there would be some good odds for Tito in that one. I keep telling myself to stay away from mma bets but i'm a sucker for the ol' accums.

Can't find a stream for this event at all.

Yeah there's no English language coverage at all, HDnet aren't showing it till august apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Cant find any videos of the Mousasi/Izumi fight :(
    Apparently it was a murder!

Some fights are up, Japanese commentary. I've only tried watching a few so far, Moussasi works, Miyata disappointingly doesn't.

http://www.mma-core.com/videos/VideoPlaylistDetails.aspx?pid=1847

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭fightireland

MrStuffins wrote: »

No connection whatsoever lads - I would NEVER try anything like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Only getting around to watching this now, as I was holding off for an english version but none arrived. Almost more enjoyable to watch with no commentary actually.

Enjoyed the Marius Zaromskis fight, haven't seen a DDT in mma for a long time :D

The ref in that fight seemed to be too quick to break them up and reset though at times :(

I think HDnet are showing it on the 5th so hopefully the rest of the fights should be up in English after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 mrtulachmhor

I know how you feel. I had a lovely five fight accumulator going on a card a few months ago which would have gotten me 450 for a tenner. I was banking on John Howard scraping past out-of-form Thiago Alves but Alves wiped the floor with him.

10 euro double, dan henderson 2morro nite and tito next sat return 120 euro in paddy power. thats what im calling

Advertisement