Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Striking classes in the Clondalkin/Ballyfermot area?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,142 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Boards.ie doesn't provide classes of any kind, so what are you meant to be referring to, as this clearly isn't meant for the Helpdesk?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,284 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I think you're probably looking for the Self Defence & Martial Arts forum

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

Bridgestone Muay Thai is on the luas line, a good few fighters travel out from Clondalkin.

http://www.bridgestonemuaythai.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭TrollHammaren

There are plenty in Ballyfermot.

There's Tae Kwon do with Clive Beatley over in the Liffey Gaels.

For Shotokan, you've got Tommy Fennel at the OLV near the Inchicore bridge, George Holden at the Ballyfermot Community Centre just off where Le Fanu Road meets the road to Parkwest, and Stephen Murray and Ben Tackeberry over at the BLCO, next to the Mary Queen of Angels school.

As far as I know, Jimmy Poland is still teaching Kempo over at the Civic Centre, where Judo is also taught by Dermot Byrne (although that's not a striking art).

St. Mathews Boxing Club is located up near Cherry Orchard, I think, but I'm not sure whether it's still open.

Those are just the classes I can think of off the top of my head; if you search for martial arts on some of the Ballyfermot directories you'll find loads of places. I have a fair idea of most of the martial arts clubs in Ballyfermot, or I at least know someone else who's a member, so if you haave any questions about any specific club, feel free to ask me about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭silat liam

Hi

There is Combat Silat classes in Sheldon Park Leisure Club right beside ballyfermot on the Kylemore rd. Classes are on every Thursday 8pm

Liam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭davidsatelle100

As far as I know, Jimmy Poland is still teaching Kempo over at the Civic Centre,

This is in the BLCO near St Marys School now the whole time

Advertisement