Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prasky 6 pack misprice Tesco (Drumcondra)

Options
  • 15-07-2011 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Not sure if this is in all stores, but 6 pack of Prasky currently scanning at €1.19!

Very few packs left on the shelves in Drumcondra...

If you take it to the self-checkouts, it will scan at €1.19 and then you will need a staff member to authorize the sale...the price isn't displayed when they are authorizing it, so probably a good way to keep this under the radar for as long as possible!

MD

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭littlesthobo

Nice one!! Pity you didn't post it earlier, cant buy drink after 10pm in the banana republic

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Mother Duck

Only found out about it near cut off time unfortunately...will have to try again tomorrow afternoon!

Post back results, would be great if this was in all Tescos!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Are you sure you haven't just scanned one can instead of the big bar code indicating it is a 6-pack?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Are you sure you haven't just scanned one can instead of the big bar code indicating it is a 6-pack?

Surely the weight would be different between one and a six pack. Any problems with that

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Not sure if this is in all stores, but 6 pack of Prasky currently scanning at €1.19!

Very few packs left on the shelves in Drumcondra...

If you take it to the self-checkouts, it will scan at €1.19 and then you will need a staff member to authorize the sale...the price isn't displayed when they are authorizing it, so probably a good way to keep this under the radar for as long as possible!

MD

Under the radar and you post it on boards? :p I have to laugh at that although it is a cracking deal even if the beer aint up to standards its only just over a euro..

BTW don't they give you the items free if the item aint the price that it should be? Or does that only come into conclusion when the price is higher on the shelves?.. I got free crate Miller because of that one time ;) good birthday present it was haha!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

I assume the 6 pack comes is in its own plastic wrapping with its own barcode.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Mother Duck

kn wrote: »

I assume the 6 pack comes is in its own plastic wrapping with its own barcode.

Yep, has it's own code on bottom of pack, and the self service tills check the weight of the item, so if a single can was scanned it would have tweaked out when the six pack was put down.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,672 ✭✭✭brian_t

BTW don't they give you the items free if the item aint the price that it should be? Or does that only come into conclusion when the price is higher on the shelves?.. I got free crate Miller because of that one time ;) good birthday present it was haha!

As I understand it their current policy is to refund you double the difference (not a full refund) if you are charged more then the shelf price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Slunk wrote: »
    Surely the weight would be different between one and a six pack. Any problems with that
    Yep, has it's own code on bottom of pack, and the self service tills check the weight of the item, so if a single can was scanned it would have tweaked out when the six pack was put down.

When the staff approve a restricted item it doesn't measure the weight

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

It does, if the weight is dif to the one stored in the system it will print out later on a list of exceptions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,840 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Tried in Tesco Sligo there a while back.. scans at €6.99.

A single can is €1.19 though so definitely a once-off mistake.

Will mark as expired til I hear otherwise.

Advertisement