Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the wand???

Options
  • 15-07-2011 7:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭

regarding Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 1:

when ol vol asks for some ones else's wand why didn't they want to simply give it to him i.e Lucius Malfoy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

A wand is a very personal thing I would think. Most would have had their wand 'choose' them when they were 11 and had it all through their lives, part of them, part of who they are.
    To just hand it over, be more defenceless, have someone else using your personal item... wouldn't just like handing over a remote control.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Trepzi

I have to agree with star-pants.

It's also possible that as those present would have known Voldemort ways best and they would have feared that without their wand Voldemort would have viewed them as surplus to requirements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭tonyheaney

as much as i enjoyed they last movie i felt the harry and crew being used in the "19 years later" part was a bit too sentimental. they still looked young and only 2 inches taller then there own kids lol perhaps older people would have worked?

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭mach1982

" the wand chooses the wizard"

A wand is extension of a wizard/witch they had semi symbolic relationship.

That why Nevile and Ron first wands never really worked well. Ron had his brothers , and Neville's was his Fathers. Once they got their own wand there magic improved.

Advertisement