Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Printer keeps printing out test page

Options
  • 15-07-2011 5:01pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi can someone help me with this before I chuck it out the window!
    I've a HP psc1310 all in one which was attached to my old pc and was working away fine. since i installed it on my new pc every time i switch on the printer it prints out a test page. How do I stop it???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Did you try reinstalling the drivers on your new machine?

Does it print out a test page even if it's not connected to your PC?

And, most importantly, have you tried shouting at it? :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Did you try reinstalling the drivers on your new machine?

Does it print out a test page even if it's not connected to your PC?

And, most importantly, have you tried shouting at it? :pac:

I didn't reinstall the drivers, I assumed that they would do that automatically when I removed and installed it again:confused:

it does still print out test page when not connected

... haven't shouted yet.. my 6yr old is in house and he really doesn't need to hear mommy using the kind of language this requires:D

angeldaisy wrote: »
    I didn't reinstall the drivers, I assumed that they would do that automatically when I removed and installed it again:confused:

Ah ok, I assume you must have Windows Vista / Windows 7 since they have this function.

Anyways, a quick google on your printer shows that this is a common problem (I'm imagine that it's the same problem).

What it's printing out is an alignment page, usually happens after a cartridge change. Is the page full of lines?

If it is, take the page it printed out, put it in the scanner, and then press scan. What it does is align the cartridges and should stop your problem.

Duggy747 wrote: »

If it is, take the page it printed out, put it in the scanner, and then press scan. What it does is align the cartridges and should stop your problem.

tried it once and it didn't work, but am going to switch the whole lot off and leave it for a while and try again. otherwise I'm taking a hammer to it:D

angeldaisy wrote: »
    tried it once and it didn't work, but am going to switch the whole lot off and leave it for a while and try again. otherwise I'm taking a hammer to it:D

Ok, well in case you need it this is from the manual on the subject.

65189660.jpg

After that you can hit it with a hammer. It'll be good for your 6 year old to see since one day he'll have to deal with printers :P

• Advertisement

I can put my hammer away :D:D it worked - woohoo

thanks a million for that help!!!

Advertisement