Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Printer problem

Options
  • 15-07-2011 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭

I am a computer novice so please understand my ignorance on this matter.....I have a dell 720 inkjet printer ( came with the computer)..anyway last week i got the cartridge refilled , used it once since and it came out very faint, tried again and now printing out blank pages...i got the cartridge rechecked and it is filled with ink...so now i wonder what to do next...will i buy a new cartridge from dell, or would i have a printer problem....totally lost to be honest....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

A lot of times refilled cartridges don't work and can cause a mess.

The head of the cartridge could be blocked. My advice is to try with a new cartridge for that printer, not a refilled one.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭PapaSierra

I buy cartridges here. I have a canon inkjet printer with 4 separate cartridges, all 4 are replacements bought from InkMaestro and they work fine.

The only thing to notice is that I had to remove a chip from an old cartridge and put it into a new one and now I don't get information about quantity remaining of ink.

Look for "digital revolution" replacements.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

You would imagine having the original cartridge refilled that it would work:(

Few things to remember if buying generic cartridges are.

Go for compatible not equivelant or digital compatible as poster above said.
    Usually if colour cartridges or empty the black won't work on its own.
    Can come in different ink levels, 5ml 7ml etc

I got 4 compatible cartridges from here https://www.justmedia.ie/default.aspx at €2/3 each for Epson S20 and they worked a treat. There is a €7 delivery charge outside of the big smoke though.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Halo Kitty

Thanks every one for yer help...i purchased a new cartridge...total cost was €41 but the assistant refunded me the cost of the refill.....next time i will take yer advice...thanks again...Oh and i am now back printing again....colour cartridge needed next....lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭MapForJ

another thing with refilled cartridges is the jets can be blocked. on my lexmark x1250 there is a way to clear the jets and had to do that at last refill

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Kgrant1

I would advise to buy a cheap HP or epson inkjet printer in one of the large shops.
    you can probably pick up a new printer with ink for about €50.00. The replacement inks will also be a fraction of the cost of a Dell ink.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

Tried canon, hp printers nothings beaten Advent A10
    in my budget

about my canon though, its not taking in the page.. help!
    paper jamming, things rolling in it but not taking in the page

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Kgrant1

did you try and open all of the printer doors-there is usually one at the back which is for paper jams?

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭hillbloom

Would anyone be able to tell me is at safe to buy DIGITAL REVOLUTION CARTRIDGES. I have been buying the originals but those are a lot cheaper. Do they do the same job. Any bargains available. I would need them delivered as I live in the Galway area.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭PapaSierra

I used them couple of times and they worked fine. 2 things to note:

1. You have to swap electronics from your old cartridge (at least in some models) but it's not too difficult and they provide you with instructions

2. I found that they dry-out faster than original cartridges - If you won't use your printer for 2-3 months you can expect problems but if you use it at least once a month you will be fine.

So you won't get exactly the same quality as with originals but considering the price... :D

edit:
    Shipping from inkmaestro.ie is only €4

Hope this helps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭hillbloom

Thanks a mill PAPA. I think I will stay with the originals.

Advertisement