Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beer keg smoker

Options
  • 15-07-2011 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭

Im going to try and make a beerkeg smoker for fish.heres a crude drawing i made.Would this work and would anyone have any improvements i could make on itsmoker.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭rampantglory

ull need to have slots for trays or for poles togo through, i think trays are better as sometimes the fish can get brittle when hot smoked

• Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭damagegt

I have stainless poles (2 in total) inserted in holes drilled through the sides.i was thinking a tray but would poles not give it a more even smoke without having to turn them ?

are u not supposed to smoke when the fire is out and at that stage a nice even heat in the smoker so u shouldnt have to turn but hey ive only done it once and that was with a disposable bbq and the lid of a bin :)

I dont know really.i was thinking either a pit under thr keg of a small gas ring which would give me more controll over the heat.How long do i have to smoke it for.if i add herbs of spices to the sawdust would it add flavor ?

its usually chips/shavings and they are scented/ different varieties hickory-elm-applewood-oak blah blah i never heard of adding spices to the fuel but u could try u might end up with some really acrid bitter blend of smoke + burnt spice !

how long do u smoke for? how long is a piece of string .... hot or cold smoked? how big is the fish/meat?. how hot is the smoker?
    hot smoked 3-7 mins for a fillet --cold 30-40 mins for a fillet roughly i have a encyclopedia on fish im sure theres something on smokin in it - ill get it out after i move house

• Advertisement

sur ill give you a buzz there

Advertisement