Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone actually take photos with a tablet device?

Options
  • 15-07-2011 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭

Just getting my Samsung Galaxy Tab ready for the Summer holidays and I was wondering about the camera.

I find it the ideal size for travelling, everything I need in one compact unit, music, films, games and of course interwebs. However, while I have taken photos with it before, and I do find the quality perfect for my needs, I always feel a bit of a plonker taking a photo with it in public.

So, my question, for all you Android tablet users - do you use your device to take photos at all? Or is it one of those extras that everybody gives out about if it is missing (stares at iPad 1), yet never use?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

My archos only has a small lo-res front camera, useless for taking photos. And there are no video chat apps that work on it either :) (no latest android for gtalk, no latest skype either, fring also doesnt work)

Just use your phone for taking photos, surely you have one right?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

srsly78 wrote: »
    Just use your phone for taking photos, surely you have one right?

I put my personal phone SIM card into the Tab. So it's technically my phone. :)

And I will not be taking my work iPhone with me. The whole idea is to reduce the number of gadgets.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Mine is pretty crap and front-facing and I've never got a chat program going on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭akamossie

try using Tango video chat, works no bother

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I think I tried and it either crashed all the time or I couldn't convince anyone else to use it and had nobody to chat to! Same with oovoo.

• Advertisement
Advertisement