Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Musicians Wanted - Wexford

Options
  • 15-07-2011 9:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm 25, living in Wexford with previous gigging experience and have been playing bass around ten years.

Want to start a new crossover project, if I was to break it down it would be:

30% Hip-hop (the roots etc)
    30% Indie rock (foals, two door cinema club)
    10% Rock (kerbdog, rage)
    10% Trance
    10% Dubstep

The other 10% is open to suggestions or a fusion of reggae/soul.

Not interested in screamo-metal stuff, this is not enter shikari.

This might sound a bit odd, in fact it's inspired in part by the UK artist 'Plan B', who has mashed a ton of genres together pretty successfully.

Not really trying to find a new sound, but feel it will appeal to more if we don't limit ourselves to one style of music.

I'm working full time so evenings and weekends it is, for now unfortunately. I have some equipment. I envisage a line up thus follows:

1 x bassist
    1 or 2 x guitarist
    1 x MC/Male vocalist
    1 x Female vocalist
    (one of the vocalist could double up on another instrument preferably)
    1 x Drummer

Open to suggestions here - could swap out 1 vocalist for another guitarist/vocalist. I'll be around for a while so if you see this thread months down the line, do get in touch anyway.

Also, I have a lot of graphic design/website/branding experience so that would not be an issue/necessary for anyone to worry about.

Wexford town area preferably although I can travel. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Libertine2002

Sounds interesting man. Playing drums about 15 years, working as a percussion and rhythm teacher at a private music school so I can play and read just about any style or score. Lots of experience with electronics and click tracks too. I'm a graded guitarist as well, but drums are my passion. (Also play piano, mandolin and banjo quite poorly. Might be useful, stranger things have happened!) I've played bass on a funk band before but I just know a few tricks so probably not much to offer here. But anyway, drums is my specialty so if you're interested in finding out more then I'm always open to hearing the ideas of a clearly enthusiastic musician! In the wexford area so giz a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Just going to give this a little bump see if anyone else is interested also. I'll add this note: I would consider covering any kind of song as well, if it's a bit rock/older then I'd insist we put a modern spin on it however...

Again this is in wexford...due to me working a full time job, although there would be no limit to gigging locatons. Give me a PM and I'll get in touch.

Advertisement