Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how blatant can you get?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Em, it was the Guardian that led with and exposed most of the NOTW stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

digme wrote: »

After all the news of the world scandals and us finding out they even made up stories to sell papers.Shouldn't these parasites be shut down too?

What NOTW scandals were made up?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

I'd much rather take the word of the Guardian and Telegraph as much as I dislike them than a bunch of pinko-liberal nuts and their anti-war buddies.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

RMD wrote: »
    pinko-liberal nuts and their anti-war buddies.

Anti-war? wtf does that even mean? :/

You really think that the 'nuts' are those that oppose unnecessary bloodshed?

Anti-war? wtf does that even mean? :/

You really think that the 'nuts' are those that oppose unnecessary bloodshed?

I think he means the group who run the website that OP got most of his links from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Jonny7 wrote: »
    I think he means the group who run the website that OP got most of his links from.

Well antiwar.com is certainly no pinko-liberal website. In fact, its founder is quite a conservative right-wing libertarian, who just happens to have the sense to see why aggressive warfare is not always the best way to go about things.

I suspect that RMD wrongly equates anybody who does not support the US' foreign policies to being left-wing crusties or similar. Quite a juvenile stance to take, really.

From the site -

"While openly acknowledging that we have an agenda, the editors take seriously our purely journalistic mission, which is to get past the media filters and reveal the truth about America's foreign policy"

As good as getting it from a site called www.prowar.com

I still haven't heard from OP.. I don't even really understand this thread.

Advertisement